• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesome games that are awesome
2 2

84 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2022 at 10:36 AM, MetalPSI said:

Breton enchanter build

Very wise.  That can be developed into a brilliantly effective battlemage, with tremendous attack / defence variety.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/17/2022 at 3:57 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Very wise.  That can be developed into a brilliantly effective battlemage, with tremendous attack / defence variety.

I love using Breton for mage builds, much more versatile than Dunmer and Altmer

On 11/19/2022 at 12:33 PM, Gaard said:

A long time ago, some guy told me that he completed the whole DOOM game (original PC) using nothing but his fist. Such a liar.

The game's metal enough to play already without bragging like that.

On 11/21/2022 at 7:18 PM, MetalPSI said:

We desperately need a Fallout 5

If not feasible, at least give us a 1,2,3 remake

New Vegas especially, to make up for the atrocious PS3 version.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:18 PM, MetalPSI said:

We desperately need a Fallout 5

If not feasible, at least give us a 1,2,3 remake

I'm a long time Fallout fan.  Vegas was probably my favorite although I've tried to go back to it and it feels clunky now.  Loved the soundtrack and the DLCs.

Still playing Fallout 76.  Awful buggy launch but I love playing Fallout with other people.

On 11/21/2022 at 7:53 PM, thehumantorch said:

I'm a long time Fallout fan.  Vegas was probably my favorite although I've tried to go back to it and it feels clunky now.  Loved the soundtrack and the DLCs.

Still playing Fallout 76.  Awful buggy launch but I love playing Fallout with other people.

I've considered going back and trying New Vegas again, as I never did a playthrough as a member of Caesar's Legion. I'm sure it would seem a little awkward now, but I really loved it at the time. Maybe my favorite storyline of any of those games.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:35 AM, F For Fake said:

I've considered going back and trying New Vegas again, as I never did a playthrough as a member of Caesar's Legion. I'm sure it would seem a little awkward now, but I really loved it at the time. Maybe my favorite storyline of any of those games.

I still remember playing Fallout 3.  Wandered into Super Duper Mart, killing the bad guys and while I'm in the back looting I hear more bad guys come in.  I was like 'oh skit'

On 11/24/2022 at 8:26 PM, thehumantorch said:

I still remember playing Fallout 3.  Wandered into Super Duper Mart, killing the bad guys and while I'm in the back looting I hear more bad guys come in.  I was like 'oh skit'

I died so much in there

On 11/24/2022 at 8:26 PM, thehumantorch said:

Yes! That was right about the moment I got hooked!

I got Fallout 3 for Christmas of,,,whatever year it came out. Can’t recall now. Anyway, we had a heavy snowfall not long after, and I was psyched, because at the time I worked in a school, which meant I got snow days. So I was snowed in, didn’t have to go to work, and was looking to have three to four days where I could just finally play Fallout 3. My week was looking great…and then, a few hours into the first night, my 360 red ringed! I was sooooo bummed.

I think I went through three 360’s before I finally got one that didn’t RROD on me. Those were trying times!

On 11/25/2022 at 11:39 AM, F For Fake said:

Yes! That was right about the moment I got hooked!

I got Fallout 3 for Christmas of,,,whatever year it came out. Can’t recall now. Anyway, we had a heavy snowfall not long after, and I was psyched, because at the time I worked in a school, which meant I got snow days. So I was snowed in, didn’t have to go to work, and was looking to have three to four days where I could just finally play Fallout 3. My week was looking great…and then, a few hours into the first night, my 360 red ringed! I was sooooo bummed.

I think I went through three 360’s before I finally got one that didn’t RROD on me. Those were trying times!

OH FFS is the standard reply to the 360 RROD. 

I got FO3 Collectors Edition for Xmas 2009, PS3. Did everything, got every DLC. I can remember being heartbroken when the Pitt didn't launch when it was supposed to. Multiple playthroughs, Nuked Megaton, didn't Nuke Megaton. 

Anyone going to try Callisto Protocol?

Release 11/02/22

PC (Steam):

• North America: December 1 at 11 pm PT or December 2 at 2 am ET
  • Europe: December 2 at 7 am UTC/8 am CET
  • Eastern Asia and Oceania: December 2 at 4 pm JST/6 pm AEDT/8 pm NZDT

PlayStation and Xbox:

• North America: December 1 at 9 pm PT or December 2 at 12 am ET
  • Europe: December 2 at 5 am UTC/6 am CET
  • Eastern Asia and Oceania: December 2 at 2 pm JST/4 pm AEDT/6 pm NZDT

On 12/2/2022 at 12:26 AM, ak47po said:

Anyone going to try Callisto Protocol?

Release 11/02/22

PC (Steam):

• North America: December 1 at 11 pm PT or December 2 at 2 am ET
  • Europe: December 2 at 7 am UTC/8 am CET
  • Eastern Asia and Oceania: December 2 at 4 pm JST/6 pm AEDT/8 pm NZDT

PlayStation and Xbox:

• North America: December 1 at 9 pm PT or December 2 at 12 am ET
  • Europe: December 2 at 5 am UTC/6 am CET
  • Eastern Asia and Oceania: December 2 at 2 pm JST/4 pm AEDT/6 pm NZDT

Definitely. Dead Space is my favourite survival horror series.

Not for a while, though.  I never buy games at launch.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/2/2022 at 8:37 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Definitely. Dead Space is my favourite survival horror series.

Not for a while, though.  I never buy games at launch.

Just saw a bunch of reviews and they are not to positive. I think I'm going to pass.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:59 PM, ak47po said:

Just saw a bunch of reviews and they are not to positive. I think I'm going to pass.

Yup. That's one reason why I wait. I'm interested because of the link the developers have with Dead Space, but that doesn't always mean you'll get a game on the same level.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/2/2022 at 10:19 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. That's one reason why I wait. I'm interested because of the link the developers have with Dead Space, but that doesn't always mean you'll get a game on the same level.

I play PC, and the performance on PC is not optimized, people who review the game say there is lot of stuttering and frame drops even with  high end graphics cards. :(