• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesome games that are awesome
2 2

84 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 3:41 PM, ak47po said:

I play PC, and the performance on PC is not optimized, people who review the game say there is lot of stuttering and frame drops even with  high end graphics cards. :(

Just read some reviews, and it doesn't appear to be on the same level as Dead Space...

Unbalanced melee-orientated combat, good for single opponents or small groups, not for large swarms later on, difficulty spikes with frustrating one-hit-kill bosses and then having to sit through cut scenes over and over again, and very repetitive jump scares.

Interesting to see what's said about the PS5 version's performance. I prefer smooth, high frame rate.

Edited by Ken Aldred

One thing I did notice is the name of the protagonist, Jacob Lee.

In Dead Space, Isaac Clarke was named after two science fiction writers, Isaac Asimov and Arthur C Clarke, and so I wonder if Jacob Lee is named after a certain pair of comic book creators which I'm sure we're all familiar with?

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/2/2022 at 10:03 AM, Ken Aldred said:

One thing I did notice is the name of the protagonist, Jacob Lee.

In Dead Space, Isaac Clarke was named after two science fiction writers, Isaac Asimov and Arthur C Clarke, and so I wonder if Jacob Lee is named after a certain pair of comic book creators which I'm sure we're all familiar with?

So happy I didn't pre-order, ill just keep plugging along in Elden Ring. 

On 12/2/2022 at 3:41 PM, ak47po said:

I play PC, and the performance on PC is not optimized, people who review the game say there is lot of stuttering and frame drops even with  high end graphics cards. :(

Just read that there's been a patch released for the frame rate issue on PC.