• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game memories
1 1

51 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2022 at 10:41 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

For PC Doom 1.

Played it with my college dorm roommate so much instead of studying and homework.  ha ha.

Classic Doom.

Probably my most replayed game of all time.

Only on Ultra Violence difficulty, though.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/15/2022 at 6:36 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

NES

Favorite game Legend of Zelda. I am also a proud owner of a sealed copy. 

Screenshot_20221015-173755_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ed0aa2787809e511ab24513ac47cd9d1.jpg

At the bottom -nintendo entertainment system-the little logo is it a tm or a r?the only way to know first print from second print!

On 10/16/2022 at 3:11 PM, Namtak said:

At the bottom -nintendo entertainment system-the little logo is it a tm or a r?the only way to know first print from second print!

Its not a first print its a Rev A . Before thst you have a previous print without the Rev A and before the Non Rev A you have the TM wich is the 1st print.

This is my Cib 1st print

Screenshot_20221016-170117_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6e78f3a91f5e6c39fa100c70fc7f3bf2.jpg

On 10/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

For PC Doom 1.

Played it with my college dorm roommate so much instead of studying and homework.  ha ha.

My first shareware game, I downloaded it from either 5 or 6 disks.  Wasted hours on the PC myself playing it.

I think it's a matter of perspective for video game memories. (either that or I have too many memories) (shrug)

Late 70's early 80''s we had Pong to start, then Lunar Lander and Asteroids. I spent a fortune in quarters those years, some games are just better in the arcade than a console, for example: Missile Command, if you ever played it at the arcade with the track ball, same for Centipede, Tempest was cool with the spinner dial, just not the same on console. I probably spent enough on Defender to buy my own arcade machine.

Early 90's we had the SEGA and SNES, Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Shining Force, Zelda and Metroid were great. (missing others I am sure) Later the PS1 came along with a lot of good games, Resident Evil, FF 7, Castlevania to name a few. After the PS1 I got into computer games for a number of years starting with Doom, and Diablo, then MMO's like Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, Everquest, and of course World of Warcraft. Keeping up with computer specs became more and more difficult so I started looking at consoles again.

I got back into consoles around 2010, didn't get the first Xbox, I started with the 360 and PS3. Fable, Mass Effect, Halo, Fallout, Red Dead, Last of Us, Portal, Assassin's Creed, all good.

The Xbox One and PS4 had some good ones, although not at first. Witcher 3, GTA, Horizon, Destiny, and Red Dead 2 which is still probably my favorite of that generation.

I am sure I missed plenty of systems and games in this list, just too many. (N64 and Switch come to mind) I did like the Zelda's on the N64 and the new ones look pretty good.

So far the latest Generation has been a bit lacking in AAA titles, but that will change eventually.

Edited by Makmorn

First console was also the Atari 2600. Oddly enough, I won one at school as part of a costume contest, like a Career Day sort of thing. I wanted to be an artist, so I dressed up as a "painter" with a beret and little palette and everything. So, I won the Atari, but my folks, or, uh, Santa, had already purchased one to give me for Xmas. So, the school let us return it and keep the cash. Not bad! Oddly enough, my favorite game was probably the one that came with it, Combat. I had plenty of other games, but the arcade ports were always disappointing (Pac-Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong...these were NOT the games I loved at the arcade) and I also had a lot of generic titles. But Combat, it never got old. I'd play it with my Dad for hours.

Speaking of Dad, he loved Dig Dug, and some 20 or 30 years after the fact kept that old 2600 on life support on a little CRT tv in the basement so he could play Dig Dug. I eventually got him one of those All in One packages where the games come preloaded in the controller, and you can plug it directly into the tv, but I don't think he every liked it as well as he liked just playing the old Atari.

On 10/27/2022 at 9:08 AM, F For Fake said:

First console was also the Atari 2600. Oddly enough, I won one at school as part of a costume contest, like a Career Day sort of thing. I wanted to be an artist, so I dressed up as a "painter" with a beret and little palette and everything. So, I won the Atari, but my folks, or, uh, Santa, had already purchased one to give me for Xmas. So, the school let us return it and keep the cash. Not bad! Oddly enough, my favorite game was probably the one that came with it, Combat. I had plenty of other games, but the arcade ports were always disappointing (Pac-Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong...these were NOT the games I loved at the arcade) and I also had a lot of generic titles. But Combat, it never got old. I'd play it with my Dad for hours.

Speaking of Dad, he loved Dig Dug, and some 20 or 30 years after the fact kept that old 2600 on life support on a little CRT tv in the basement so he could play Dig Dug. I eventually got him one of those All in One packages where the games come preloaded in the controller, and you can plug it directly into the tv, but I don't think he every liked it as well as he liked just playing the old Atari.

I agree regarding the arcade vs console disappointment.  Pac Man was just plain awful.

Dig Dug was fun!  I didn't have it with my Atari but used to play it at my local bowling alley arcade.

On 10/10/2022 at 7:06 PM, s-man said:

What was your first console?  And favorite game on it?

Mine:  Atari 2600

Favorite Game: Missile Command

Atari 2600 - Wikipedia

My first console too!  Missile Command was a great arcade port.  Asteroids and Space Invaders we're both equally impressive early 2600 games.  Amazing what they could do with one button and a stick.