• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misc Oddball Stuff: heavy on 80-90s underground style mags and mini comix, Trades and hardbacks of cool stuff, Virgil Partch books, Tabloids, a few cheap modern lots.
2 2

178 posts in this topic

I just want to say that for anyone interested in mini-comics from the '80s "new wave underground" era, some of these are really nice. You found a good, if very niche, collection there, rjpb.

Very little of this material is common in any sense of the word, but a couple of the things listed here (Weird! Mutants of the Future, Recombinant Timmy) don't even show up in the usual indexes to these books.

On 10/12/2022 at 12:13 PM, rjpb said:

STREAMO (2nd print)

Wayno

8 pg  mini comic  

NM

Printed as an insert to Tuna Casserole #5, but also sold separately.

$5

streamo.jpg

There are two (ish) distinguishable variants of this one, and I've heard that they might correspond to the copies that were bundled in Tuna Casserole #5 versus sold separately, but I can't confirm that as accurate. Or provide any guidance as to which is which even if that's true. In any case, this version has Wayno's signature at the top-right of the front cover. The other version reads "No Way Secret Publication #1" there instead. That... isn't really helpful, but it's all I've got.

Anecdotally, Wayno may also have reprinted this book (in the signature version) sometime after 2000; reprints are apparently on shockingly-bright Halloween-orange stock instead of this sort of buff-colored paper.

On 10/12/2022 at 12:22 PM, rjpb said:

LUMP SOUP 

Starhead

8 pg  mini comic  (slick paper)

NM

Chester Brown and Steve Willis

$25

lump soup.jpg

For the record, this is a 2nd printing. First printing copies are black and white on yellow stock.

On 10/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, Qalyar said:

I just want to say that for anyone interested in mini-comics from the '80s "new wave underground" era, some of these are really nice. You found a good, if very niche, collection there, rjpb.

Very little of this material is common in any sense of the word, but a couple of the things listed here (Weird! Mutants of the Future, Recombinant Timmy) don't even show up in the usual indexes to these books.

There are two (ish) distinguishable variants of this one, and I've heard that they might correspond to the copies that were bundled in Tuna Casserole #5 versus sold separately, but I can't confirm that as accurate. Or provide any guidance as to which is which even if that's true. In any case, this version has Wayno's signature at the top-right of the front cover. The other version reads "No Way Secret Publication #1" there instead. That... isn't really helpful, but it's all I've got.

Anecdotally, Wayno may also have reprinted this book (in the signature version) sometime after 2000; reprints are apparently on shockingly-bright Halloween-orange stock instead of this sort of buff-colored paper.

For the record, this is a 2nd printing. First printing copies are black and white on yellow stock.

Thanks for the info. I purchased all these in the late 80s, early 90s when I was on a mini comic kick. I sold off a few dozen a year ago (mostly on ebay), but recently found these in another box.  Definitely cool and rare stuff. I'm still holding some in the PC, but will probably sell those eventually as well. 

There are two (ish) distinguishable variants of this one, and I've heard that they might correspond to the copies that were bundled in Tuna Casserole #5 versus sold separately, but I can't confirm that as accurate. Or provide any guidance as to which is which even if that's true. In any case, this version has Wayno's signature at the top-right of the front cover. The other version reads "No Way Secret Publication #1" there instead. That... isn't really helpful, but it's all I've got.

This copy is more orange than buff ( I'll tweak the photo to reflect that) The Tuna Casserole info was printed on the back cover. I'm pretty sure I picked this up prior to 2000, as I really wasn't picking up minis by that point, unless they were from favorite artists. 

On 10/11/2022 at 7:31 PM, rjpb said:

ESCAPE MAGAZINE 10

NM-

Joe's Bar by Sampayo and Munoz (who did Sinner)

Robert Williams.

$15

1989835276_escape10.thumb.jpg.1aa74d655f99227f0d1787f4dd44ea20.jpg

On 10/11/2022 at 7:45 PM, rjpb said:

ESCAPE MAGAZINE 14

NM

Howard Chaykin

$10

185191032_escape14.thumb.jpg.0a5f96bf554f3a2f7a4dca9d3c885533.jpg

On 10/11/2022 at 9:09 PM, rjpb said:

CRASH #1

VF/NM