• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ladies and germs, give me your bad experiences with artists sketch/sig at Conventions...
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I'm going to a con for the first time with the primary purpose of meeting my favorite artists/creators. Perhaps a sketch/sig but meeting them and buying a thing or two directly from would be great.

But what if it goes wrong, that is where you come in. Tell me anything the artist (or you) did that made the experience not that great.

That way I won't be too disappointed and I'll know that maybe others had it worse.

BUT PLEASE NO NAMES of any artist/creator. I don't want this to become a mud-slinging affair.

Probably the only negative experience I've had with a creator was one who was openly hostile to the idea of slabbing.  Even though I only had a few issues for signing, discussed the storyline, and bought some prints (clearly indicating I was a reader and fan, not a flipper), his attitude immediately changed when he realized I was with a witness and actually physically turned away from me.  I haven't displayed the prints or bought any more of his work since.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:02 AM, wardevil0 said:

Probably the only negative experience I've had with a creator was one who was openly hostile to the idea of slabbing.  Even though I only had a few issues for signing, discussed the storyline, and bought some prints (clearly indicating I was a reader and fan, not a flipper), his attitude immediately changed when he realized I was with a witness and actually physically turned away from me.  I haven't displayed the prints or bought any more of his work since.

That's heartbreaking. I've actually been in an airport where a famous professional wrestler was harassed by these 'flippers'... they even send kids in with dozens of items to be signed sometimes. But yeah to be grouped in with those people, I can't imagine what the exchange of words must have been like.