• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the POP Report accurate?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

It seems the POP Report, at least for the Celebrations Classic Collection, seems to be way off regarding up-to-date numbers. See: https://www.cgccards.com/population-report/pokemon/2/sword-and-shield/50/celebrations-english/4154/?page=1 

Here's a link to a Zekrom graded CGC 10: https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/4091077042/ 
It says there are 38 cards graded 10 Pristine, with 5 cards graded higher! 

So what's the real deal? Is the POP Report inaccurate or is the Certlookup tool inaccurate? 

On 10/13/2022 at 12:17 PM, CGC Mike said:

I believe the population report is undergoing maintenance.  This may take some time to complete.

Not to wordsmith, but I've spent a career in the IT field. "Maintenance" usually refers to something that takes a few hours to complete. What you are describing sounds like a major rebuild of the application and database. 

• Administrator

This is what I was told:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your email. I am slightly confused by this customer because if he looks at the census (see screenshot) it does show that there are 5 Perfect 10's. A perfect 10 is a higher grade than a Pristine 10. What numbers are off according to the customer? 

image.png

image.png

Hi Mike. The POP report for the Classic Collection seems to be working now.

When I posted to this forum there were no Perfect or Pristine 10s shown in the POP report. It looks like they completed their "maintenance". Thank you for following up with me. :-) 

• Administrator
On 10/17/2022 at 5:01 PM, IrishPrince said:

Hi Mike. The POP report for the Classic Collection seems to be working now.

When I posted to this forum there were no Perfect or Pristine 10s shown in the POP report. It looks like they completed their "maintenance". Thank you for following up with me. :-) 

Thanks for letting me know.  :smile: