• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a hard book to find?? The Addam's Family #2
1 1

25 posts in this topic

I got The Addams Family  #1 and #2 from a person who bought them from people who worked at the Sparta press where the comics were printed years ago. They sealed it in plastic and kept them for years. I stupidly sold #1 raw but kept#2.   I haven't seen this particular issue for sale anywhere graded... is this a low print run?

addams family2.jpg

Currently 6 on census. So nowhere near Little Stooges 7 rare :).

With low census pop Bronze Gold Key/Whitman (or Charlton) the paramount question one must ask is "Scarce or Scarcely any Demand"? Most cases probably the later.

Once there is some demand folks will start to Submit ala Twilight Zone 84.

In general expect Gold Keys/ Whitmans to have lower high grade pops than Marvel or DC from the Bronze Age.

Very Nice book BTW

Edited by MAR1979

Entirely anecdotally, I'd say that #2 and #3 are tougher books to find than #1. And most of the mid-70s Gold Keys that I've encountered tend to be fairly beat. So this is a nice book!

I do think if they ever do another film reboot of the property (and it's good...) or something else to bring the franchise back to public recognition, we'll see quite a few of these mysteriously emerge from their current resting places. But, again, I'd expect more mid-grade copies than 9.x if and when that happens.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:00 PM, Qalyar said:

Entirely anecdotally, I'd say that #2 and #3 are tougher books to find than #1. And most of the mid-70s Gold Keys that I've encountered tend to be fairly beat. So this is a nice book!

I do think if they ever do another film reboot of the property (and it's good...) or something else to bring the franchise back to public recognition, we'll see quite a few of these mysteriously emerge from their current resting places. But, again, I'd expect more mid-grade copies than 9.x if and when that happens.

There is a Wednesday film or whatever at the moment, I got emails about it.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is a Wednesday film or whatever at the moment, I got emails about it.

Huh. What do you know Wednesday, coming to Netflix Nov 23. Which is a Wednesday; I was going to be very disappointed in Netflix had it been otherwise.

I guess we'll see how that does and if it restores interest in the franchise.

On 10/14/2022 at 7:30 PM, Qalyar said:

Huh. What do you know Wednesday, coming to Netflix Nov 23. Which is a Wednesday; I was going to be very disappointed in Netflix had it been otherwise.

I guess we'll see how that does and if it restores interest in the franchise.

Wednesday is Sundae at Carvel

On 10/15/2022 at 10:40 AM, MAR1979 said:

Locations in 15 states, 29 in Florida!  

But yes most are in NYC metro

https://locations.carvel.com/index.html

On 10/15/2022 at 10:40 AM, MAR1979 said:

Locations in 15 states, 29 in Florida!  

But yes most are in NYC metro

https://locations.carvel.com/index.html

Didn't realize they got that big! I don't live in NY state anymore, that was in the 70"s

On 10/15/2022 at 10:51 AM, ak47po said:

Didn't realize they got that big! I don't live in NY state anymore, that was in the 70"s

I recall the Carvel on Bergenline Avenue, Union City, NJ in the 1970s.

On 10/17/2022 at 11:42 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I recall the Carvel on Bergenline Avenue, Union City, NJ in the 1970s.

my carvel was on roslyn road in roslyn, long island, in the 70s, next to cookies stationery store where i used to buy my comics. 

Sorry to carry on the Carvel conversation in this Addams Family comic thread, but....

The very first Carvel store was in Hartsdale, NY - just a stones throw from the infamous Fantazia/Danny Dupcak comic/baseball card shop of the 1980s. Both were on the same block (Central Avenue)!

Legend has it that Tom Carvel got a flat tire on his ice cream truck at that location and decided to sell the ice cream on the truck while it was melting. The melted, soft ice cream was a hit and sold fast, so he decided to open his first Carvel at that Hartsdale location where he got the flat tire.

When life deals you lemons, you make lemonade...or soft ice cream...or Eastern Color File copies!

Growing up there was a Carvel in my hometown.  Looking it up now I do see its open in same location thus it survived Superstorm Sandy in 2012 - good to see.

Now I've a hankering for some Flying Saucers

BTW this has turned out to be one of the better threads on this forum :)

Edited by MAR1979