• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a hard book to find?? The Addam's Family #2
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Just as a point of interest.

I did get a prescreen pass to see the 1st episode of Wednesday, next ironically Wednesday 😂

I've been trying to keep up with the amazing race, but I think I'll go see Wednesday!

On 10/20/2022 at 7:44 AM, alexgross.com said:

my carvel was on roslyn road in roslyn, long island, in the 70s, next to cookies stationery store where i used to buy my comics. 

My friends parents bought a Carvel in Mineola in 1976. The father was a mailman and they put almost all their savings into it.  It was takeout only, and it soon developed they couldn't afford to staff the place so Mom and the three kids ended up working fulltime.  While they owned the business they leased the land it was on and after a few years the landlord decided to build a small shopping center there.  They pretty much lost everything and moved after the business closed. Two other nearby Carvels have expanded since then so I don't know why theirs failed but it taught me an early lesson.  You can plan ahead, work hard and still fail.