• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PC Games as Collectibles

3 posts in this topic

Not sure I’ve ever seen any slabbed or encased.  Will CGC do this, or does anyone currently?  

Strangely I have zero interest in slabbed console games but could see myself springing a bit for nice sealed copies of the more memorable PC games of my youth.  

I suspect PC games might be much tougher to authenticate and encase due to higher number of publishers and varied packaging relative to console games.

Yes, I agree. Computer games really always have more publishers than console games. But that's the beauty of collecting. An experienced collector always knows the picture on the cover, the year of publication of the game, and the history of creation. I know this because my brother still collects cartridges for the 2009 Nintendo. It's cute. I stopped being interested in retro a long time ago. Even games I buy only in online stores or on Steam. Although I found FIFA 22 Key on one cool website with keys sold there at a discounted price. I sent the link to my younger brother and even to a former roommate with whom we played FIFA 20.

Edited by othayetman

I think the varied packaging size issue that you point out would be a real hurdle. I collect merch related to the Alien films, and have been picking up the various video games for some time now. The sizes on the home computer (C64, PC, etc) games are all over the place. Still, I'd love to have some options for encasing them.