• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con - October 28-30, 2022 - Baltimore Convention Center - Baltimore, Maryland.
4 4

115 posts in this topic

Fantastic show, typically plenty to chose from.

The new date this year is a conflict to a little get together in Jacksonville so I will miss this year.

On 10/17/2022 at 8:33 PM, Murphman13 said:

Does anyone know if they are keeping the same convention halls as last year or moving it back to the other side of the building ?

I was told they are moving back to the original location it was at before covid.

Just a fantastic Con in pretty much every way.  I've posted up a couple very detailed Con reports with photos over the years so if you are on the fence go take a look and you will see the overwhelming number of booths from big to small.

Does CGC get so many submissions at a show like this that they have to stop taking books at a show?

I was thinking of taking the 7 hour drive up to Baltimore but I want to be sure they'll take my stuff via Express Dropoff...:wishluck:

On 10/19/2022 at 10:55 PM, comicstock said:

Does CGC get so many submissions at a show like this that they have to stop taking books at a show?

I was thinking of taking the 7 hour drive up to Baltimore but I want to be sure they'll take my stuff via Express Dropoff...:wishluck:

I've never heard of that happening, but I guess it's theoretically possible. I've done my dropoff on the last day and never had an issue.  I suspect they would just rent another truck if they had too much to transport.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:44 PM, Terry JSA said:

I didn’t see a thread for this so I decided to make one.

It’ll be my first year attending this convention and I’m actually looking forward to it. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.

Yes Sir. It's the show of shows for me and I've been going for years.

Any dealers who bring Golden Record Reprint Editions, I'll have ca$h. Thanks.

On 10/19/2022 at 3:26 PM, AustinReece_GRRC said:

Alex, Chase and I will be in Booth #909. We are only running two booths this year of our vintage set up. We will have 5-6 new short boxes of slabs since New York and about 500 new raws since New York. Of course, we added several thousand new books before New York, so if you haven't seen us recently our inventory will look very different. 

As always, this is one of our favorite shows of the year and we look forward to seeing everyone!

Love the Reece family and buy from them every year. Last year I playfully kidded one of the Reece Brothers for carefully eating a donut away from the booth and everybody else- he had a great sense of humor about it as it was not held against me, for I got great deals on great copies of Incredible Hulk #102 and a Golden Age Katy Keene for my Girlfriend. Check out Reece's Rare Comic's booth and you can never go wrong, seriously!

ion comics will be set up at corner-booth 1014. I’ll have about 23 long boxes of Modern goodness…..variants, keys and semi-keys. $10+ books, $5 books, $2 books. Lions and tigers and bears…..OH MY!! I’m bringing the proverbial “kitchen sink”.

Please stop by to browse, buy or just to say “hi”!!!!

Carl

MacDaddy (MDC) 

On 10/19/2022 at 10:55 PM, comicstock said:

This happened years ago. Someone dropped off a 20k book submission at a show and CGC ran out of shipping supplies I think. Don’t think it happens often anymore (if at all). 

On 10/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, lemonman6 said:

This happened years ago. Someone dropped off a 20k book submission at a show and CGC ran out of shipping supplies I think. Don’t think it happens often anymore (if at all). 

Just to clarify- and I apologize if this has been explained previously or I'm just clueless when reading directions- but is CGC grading books at the show or just accepting submissions that they'll take back with them and mail back to customers at a later date? My GF was bringing a book to get graded, thinking she could get it done within the convention's 3 day period. Thanks for any info on this.