• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con - October 28-30, 2022 - Baltimore Convention Center - Baltimore, Maryland.
4 4

115 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2022 at 1:40 AM, ttfitz said:

Don't know why anyone might want to meet me, but I'll be there for the weekend, drop me a PM if you want to say hello. :)

Maybe we could arrange a quick meet up with all board members who are there? Including welcoming @Terry JSA who is showing up for the first time?

On 10/21/2022 at 8:43 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

Just to clarify- and I apologize if this has been explained previously or I'm just clueless when reading directions- but is CGC grading books at the show or just accepting submissions that they'll take back with them and mail back to customers at a later date? My GF was bringing a book to get graded, thinking she could get it done within the convention's 3 day period. Thanks for any info on this.

Hi. This (see link) is what CGC posted on Baltimore a couple of weeks ago.

I imagine if they were doing on site grading, that would have been highlighted there. Backlogging and turn arounds, on the home front, are probably preventing doing any on site grading for now (shrug)

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10729/baltimore-comic-con/

On 10/22/2022 at 8:39 AM, DanCooper said:

Hi. This (see link) is what CGC posted on Baltimore a couple of weeks ago.

I imagine if they were doing on site grading, that would have been highlighted there. Backlogging and turn arounds, on the home front, are probably preventing doing any on site grading for now (shrug)

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10729/baltimore-comic-con/

Very helpful, thanks DC.

On 10/22/2022 at 2:09 PM, Otter1775 said:

Good afternoon fellow collectors. This will be my first con, since SDCC 97. I’m curious as how to ascertain CGC witnesses for books I’d like to get signed? Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

You stop by the cgc booth and tell them you need a witness.  They will probably put you in a line and you wait for a witness to help you.

On 10/19/2022 at 10:55 PM, comicstock said:

Does CGC get so many submissions at a show like this that they have to stop taking books at a show?

I was thinking of taking the 7 hour drive up to Baltimore but I want to be sure they'll take my stuff via Express Dropoff...:wishluck:

That happens with on-site  grading cons, as they can only grade so many books before the show ends.

Even than, I subbed books on a Sunday and they were accepted- just were taken back to FL for grading 

Anyone know if Garth Ennis will be staying for all 3 days?

I've got a bunch of books for him for CGC SS subs, and would rather go to the show on Saturday or Sunday as that'd give me more time to press other additional books for submission for blue labels.

But the last thing I want to do is get there Sunday morning and Ennis is long gone.

Edited by FanBoyOfMarve'nDC

On 10/24/2022 at 2:29 PM, FanBoyOfMarve'nDC said:

I've got a bunch of books for him for CGC SS subs, and would rather go to the show on Saturday or Sunday as that'd give me more time to press other additional books for submission for blue labels.

But the last thing I want to do is get there Sunday morning and Ennis is long gone.

He's booked for all 3 days. If you look at the guest list, they take your worry into account and specify when a guest is only there Fri-Sat only. Baltimore is really great about that.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:29 PM, FanBoyOfMarve'nDC said:

What Lord Byron said. HOWEVER - if you do come on Sunday to see someone in particular, I'd be sure to get there early. Some folks are there all 3 days but leave before the end of the show.

The line for Ennis last year (with attendance down due to Covid) got pretty long at times, too (I actually showed up once before his actual signing time and the line was already closed).

On 10/21/2022 at 8:43 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

Just to clarify- and I apologize if this has been explained previously or I'm just clueless when reading directions- but is CGC grading books at the show or just accepting submissions that they'll take back with them and mail back to customers at a later date? My GF was bringing a book to get graded, thinking she could get it done within the convention's 3 day period. Thanks for any info on this.

Drop Off/Accepting submissions = We take it back to Florida with us and grade it there and mail it back 

Onsite Grading = We grade/slab your books at the show