• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #88, which variant?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I thought I had a copy but I've obviously been fooling myself all this time because it turns out, I don't. Anyways, I'm now looking to get one before DP3 drops and the prices get ridiculous however, I wasn't aware of the variants? Is there a particular variant that's of any particular rarity or are they each as common as each other?

The prices are already beyond ridiculous. It's highly unlikely that they will remain as high after the movie comes out and people move on to the next hot book(s).

There's no way of knowing the exact numbers, but the Standard (non-Deluxe) is surely the least common version of the issue. I didn't say rarest because there is nothing remotely rare about Wolverine 88, period.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:26 PM, Lazyboy said:

The prices are already beyond ridiculous. It's highly unlikely that they will remain as high after the movie comes out and people move on to the next hot book(s).

There's no way of knowing the exact numbers, but the Standard (non-Deluxe) is surely the least common version of the issue. I didn't say rarest because there is nothing remotely rare about Wolverine 88, period.

Agreed on all accounts. In increasing order of availability: Standard Direct, Newsstand, Deluxe Direct. But none of these should be at all scarce, and what the actual :censored: is with those prices? Entirely divorced from the reality of the book's supply; this is a bubble.

Sounds like I'll be holding off until after the movie drops and the hype train dies down. I'm in no rush to get a copy really. Was mildly worried that these prices would soar and I'd be left forking out stupid money down the road when I could a 'decently priced' copy now.