• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green label grade VS blue label regaurding the Marvel value stamp

11 posts in this topic

I rescently aquired this Hulk 181. I think its around a 6.5-7.5 ( There are no surprises inside or on back>we can debate that later i guess  lol) 

>>>BUT it has the Marvel value stamp neatly cut out<<< ( on ad page not affecting story) 

MY QUESTION >>> I want , would rather, a green label 6.5 ( or what ever)  than a blue label 1.0 or worse.

>>>Do i just ask, and then it happens?....how is that descided?<<<

THANK YOU in advance  :)

305165060_1290114195176148_7408075485079121740_n.jpg

On 11/9/2022 at 11:56 PM, bighairjer said:

I’ve seen blue labels 1.0 -3.0 with no mvs.   I am genuinely curious why you would choose a green label?  

Personally, i think if anything is missin it should be green. Second, i have seen green go for almost blue and 3rd i

think my green 5 beats a blue 2 any day :)

On 11/11/2022 at 9:36 AM, Tyler :) said:

Personally, i think if anything is missin it should be green. Second, i have seen green go for almost blue and 3rd i

think my green 5 beats a blue 2 any day :)

Okay gotcha.  Thanks for the response, and I get your opinion.  Personally, I think green labels have no place in the hobby as it just a fabricated number.  Grade the book as it sits period, but I’m old school.  But I see the advantage if the green labels do bet better in the market. 

Edited by bighairjer

On 11/12/2022 at 10:29 AM, Shake N Bake said:

You can not like them but what you say is false. It's a thought-out grading process just like the other labels. The Sig Series yellow labels are Qualified also, I suppose you're against them too?

You have your opinion and I absolutely respect that.  

On 11/12/2022 at 11:19 AM, Shake N Bake said:

It's not an opinion, it's fact.

So my understanding of a qualified grade is predicated on an “if not for x defect” it would grade as X.  But the defect clearly exists and essentially gets ignored.  So in my opinion, the qualified grade is fabricated.  Yes, it is fact that CGC utilizes qualified grades so that ship is failed.  You can argue your points all day long and as I said I respect your opinion, it’s okay for folks to not agree.

Edited by bighairjer