• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading from Germany - regarding custom duties

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

quick question.

I want to send my first submission from germany and I have everything packaged and almost ready for shipping. 

I just wanted to know if I need to do anything to deal with customs when I get my cards back. Will they charge me for the grading fees or for the full value? 

Can I avoid fees and charges by preparing some papers or by any other method?

Please let me know your experiences dealing with this matter since I want to have the best experience with my first submission and (hopefully) many more in the future !

Kind Regards :)

• Administrator

Hello,

If you are submitting from outside the US, the burden of proof as to where the books shipped from falls to you. CGC recommends that you visit your local customs office before shipping your submission and explain your intentions for these cards— that they are yours and are being sent to the US for evaluation only. They will provide you with a form that should accompany your submission, and, when the cards are returned with this form, the package will not be called into question. If we receive a submission without this form, we will return the cards with any claim stickers that were affixed to the original box. This can sometimes work as proof of where the box shipped from originally. The value that we will declare on the package is the amount paid for the grading of the books, and they will be noted from the country of origin goods being returned, shipped to the US for evaluation only. Return shipping to locations outside the US requires special duties and shipping charges.

Let us know if you have any other questions.