• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Final issues
6 6

234 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2022 at 11:35 AM, MAR1979 said:

Around the time of COIE #3 which Introduced me to The Losers, as child I recall fishing this issue and a stack of others OFF's out of the 5 for $1.00 section of my LCS.   #181 was my favorite OFF took me over a decade to find a 9.8.

Cancelled unexpectedly in the DC Implosion and in 1985 sadly brought back only to be killed off. 

Our_Fighting_Forces_181.thumb.jpg.7f768c03d413dae10b6f5be44c8556e0.jpg

OFF was around for a long time !

had some great covers in the early issues !

On 10/21/2022 at 8:18 PM, jdandns said:

Awesome thread. I meant to start one like this some time ago and call it "Last Issue Special", a play on the short-lived 70's DC tryout series, "First Issue Special".

I thought maybe one already existed, but I was too lazy to go back and check, so I never did it.

Indeed. There have been a few, but they may all or at least most be archived now and missing at least a few pictures. This is the one that I remember best.

On 10/24/2022 at 6:22 AM, Readcomix said:

IMG_E0853.JPG

Is this seriously a comic series about Jeeps? 

On 10/23/2022 at 10:57 PM, Cat said:

It’s a weird little three-issue series I finally put together. The lead characters are Jeep and Peep, and yes they roll around and have adventures in a jeep. I’ve yet to read it so I can’t be more specific yet. (For three issues, I figured I would wait until I put it together to read it in one sitting.)

On 10/23/2022 at 9:57 PM, Cat said:

Flying jeeps! That aren't ramming jeeps, but more a roll down window sniper jeep!

Haha I thought the same thing, like give it a ramming grill or something, but leaning out the door and firing a pistol?

On 10/23/2022 at 10:06 PM, Readcomix said:

It’s a weird little three-issue series I finally put together. The lead characters are Jeep and Peep, and yes they roll around and have adventures in a jeep. I’ve yet to read it so I can’t be more specific yet. (For three issues, I figured I would wait until I put it together to read it in one sitting.)

Thats awesome like just cause kind of thing. Reminds me of the quote for the DeLorean in bttf, "do it in style!"

But a jeep and jurassic, who knew that would be a running theme throughout generations? An odd choice that although there is no relation, idk, even in jurassic Park, it wasn't a monorail, but a jeep ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM