• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mixed submission - best practice for submitting books
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Recently I submitted a batch of comics under the modern tier as they were all 1975-84 Marvels.

I have another batch of Bronze, but now have earlier comics from 1972, some post 1975 stuff, and some magazines from the mid/late 70s.

Is it recommended to combine all this into one submission, or split it up into different tiers/service categories? Wondering not only about cost efficiency, but also wait times, as I was told that vintage books take much longer to return.

Any advice or tips based on 1st hand knowledge or experience would be appreciated.

They process each submission tier separately, and mail them back independently of each other.  Technically it is possible for them to come back at the same time, but probably unlikely.

in the old days, I heard legend of internationals making special requests to have orders grouped together for big savings or easier customs.

either way, if it’s something you’re really interested in you might as well ask Cgc, maybe you can make some sort of arrangement.  Maybe not, doesn’t hurt to ask

On 10/22/2022 at 5:49 PM, mintcomics1 said:

Has anyone submitted a mixed batch and received their books all at once? Or does CGC deliver them piecemeal?

I have a 3 tier submission going in whenever I can get around to packing it up.  3 books, in 3 separate Geminis, with 3 separate invoices taped to the outsides of the Geminis.   But the 3 Geminis will be put into one box and sent.  I assume they're smart enough to figure it out when they open it.

But, they will be returned separately.

They better be, they charged me $20 shipping for each when they could ship all 3 for less than that.

I'm curious of that too. I realized while searching for a specific comic that I had Harley Quinn's first appearance. I want to get it pressed/graded/fast tracked. If I have a bunch of other books I just want graded at normal wait times, I just make 2 separate orders and ship them together? Obviously in the box the orders would be separated with their invoice.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:29 PM, stakesishigh84 said:

I'm curious of that too. I realized while searching for a specific comic that I had Harley Quinn's first appearance. I want to get it pressed/graded/fast tracked. If I have a bunch of other books I just want graded at normal wait times, I just make 2 separate orders and ship them together? Obviously in the box the orders would be separated with their invoice.

For shipping TO Cgc, put however many submissions tiers in the box as you want.  Label the outside of box with the highest/fastest one.  Obviously separate the submissions inside the box and label everything to make clear

It saves you time and money, saves Cgc time and space, and is more environmental, so everyone wins