• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Character Collectors (Trading Cards)
4 4

49 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hi everyone, 

This thread will be for anyone who collects marvel cards by way of one specific character across all marvel sets. 

I myself have been doing this for over 15 years now and continue to fill in the missing spots of my silver surfer card collection. I've collected all the base, versus, appearances, team ups, most parallels, foreign, stickers, and TCG. 

I'm happy to share any and all of my resources and how I've been able to find all these cards over the years. I mainly met this thread to see if any other collectors out there are as crazy as me out there. lol

Please let me know what characters you collect from marvel cards and if you have any questions. I'll be sure to post some pictures soon. 

Fausto Barrionuevo

Hi All,

I'm Steve, I am a Punisher Card collector (I love collecting Marvel Cards in general). I also collect The Joker in DC.  I've never submitted a card for grading and want to submit my 2016 MM Kaleidoscope Punisher as my first card. Any ideas of what I should use as the declared value? 

• Administrator
On 10/22/2022 at 10:59 AM, Punishing Joke said:

Hi All,

I'm Steve, I am a Punisher Card collector (I love collecting Marvel Cards in general). I also collect The Joker in DC.  I've never submitted a card for grading and want to submit my 2016 MM Kaleidoscope Punisher as my first card. Any ideas of what I should use as the declared value? 

Hi my friend, I'm so glad to see you here. I love your collection and seeing your updates in MCCW. 

If it is the /25 version of the card and then I would maybe just put down between 500 and 1000. I know the prices can be higher or lower depending on the buyer. I also realize how that card is never out and about. 

This is what it says on our site. 

"Submitters to CGC are required to list a declared value for each collectible in their submission. By submitting a collectible and listing a declared value, the submitter agrees that the declared value represents the current fair market value (FMV) of the submitted collectible." 

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/declared-value-policy/

It's been a while since we've got a chance to catch up. I would love to see more of your collection if you're okay with posting pictures here on the forum. 

• Administrator
On 10/22/2022 at 4:31 PM, BadWizard said:

Hi, I'm a bad wizard and I have an addiction. 

I collect Doctor Strange cards excluding the 2016 Doctor Strange set.

YES! Doctor Strange is such a badass. Plus the 2016mm card is by far one of my favorite poses. Jusko did a fantastic job on that piece. 

On 10/23/2022 at 5:02 AM, Sketchcardhive said:

Hi my friend, I'm so glad to see you here. I love your collection and seeing your updates in MCCW. 

If it is the /25 version of the card and then I would maybe just put down between 500 and 1000. I know the prices can be higher or lower depending on the buyer. I also realize how that card is never out and about. 

This is what it says on our site. 

"Submitters to CGC are required to list a declared value for each collectible in their submission. By submitting a collectible and listing a declared value, the submitter agrees that the declared value represents the current fair market value (FMV) of the submitted collectible." 

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/declared-value-policy/

It's been a while since we've got a chance to catch up. I would love to see more of your collection if you're okay with posting pictures here on the forum. 

I will definitely post some pics. My busy season in my real job is just ending, and I will start being active with posts over the winter.  Thank you for answering my question, that was kinda what I was thinking but figured I would ask.  Talk to you soon.  

• Administrator
On 10/23/2022 at 4:29 PM, DoctorStrangeArchive said:

I also collect Doctor Strange.  Over 30 years now.  I have been fortunate to put a pretty good collection together.  All trading cards reside in my card chest.  Historically one of my favorite things to collect.

F7A81C53-0BAE-46EE-9F60-299E264C7D11.jpeg

Okay.... I want everyone to know what an amazing honor it is to have you here. Right off the bat we have someone here who is truly an inspiration all character collectors. I know many of you are extremely well-versed in your character collecting, so I'm excited to have another great on the site. 

Check out his site if you haven't already!

http://www.drstrangearchive.com/

He has helped me out tons in the past and I have learned a lot from Donald over the years. Thanks for dropping in my friend. 

• Administrator
On 10/24/2022 at 7:57 AM, Subby1938 said:

I was very fortunate during the 2020 Upper Deck Xmen metal run to obtain a complete rainbow of this iconic image on Sub-Mariners high series card . One of my fav rainbows I put together for sure . In todays market doing something like is becoming literally impossible due to competition , prices etc. it makes it even more special to me.

6FA21777-3DC5-4A21-B135-9F5122F7D1AB.jpeg

EAC21B01-06A2-4629-BBF3-5AA6473B61B9.jpeg

F04941D7-4A7B-4974-AC80-3E8D3EC153EC.jpeg

That first appearance image is just so iconic and to have it as a full rainbow – – truly spectacular. Congratulations again on this!

So thanks Norrin for inviting me over. Ian here, many may know me from the Facebook groups I created and the podcast I run with Norrin.

for a while I’ve been @black_cat_collector on IG but from today I’ve rebranded as MrFeliciaHardy and yes, I love and collect Black Cat! 

25FB5AA1-A2E4-44DE-BEBB-1E1FB39AA1BF.jpeg

Great thread!

I definitely have more Spidey's (yes - all time fav) across various collections I think more than any other character. This thread comes at an interesting time since I just recently pulled out a 25-30 year large container of thousands (more than 10 easily) and began browsing through them. Lot's of Spider-man cards so far that I don't even remember or can even tell what set they are from. I did set aside some of the Spidey Marvel Masterpieces that I think would grade decent since that is the thing now. I'll get some pics up at some point here.

I did see I have quite a few Silver Surfer Marvel Masterpieces as well...

• Administrator
On 10/24/2022 at 3:58 PM, MrFeliciaHardy said:

So thanks Norrin for inviting me over. Ian here, many may know me from the Facebook groups I created and the podcast I run with Norrin.

for a while I’ve been @black_cat_collector on IG but from today I’ve rebranded as MrFeliciaHardy and yes, I love and collect Black Cat! 

25FB5AA1-A2E4-44DE-BEBB-1E1FB39AA1BF.jpeg

I'm so happy you're here co-host. This collection is very much second to none. :)

• Administrator
On 10/24/2022 at 11:28 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Great thread!

I definitely have more Spidey's (yes - all time fav) across various collections I think more than any other character. This thread comes at an interesting time since I just recently pulled out a 25-30 year large container of thousands (more than 10 easily) and began browsing through them. Lot's of Spider-man cards so far that I don't even remember or can even tell what set they are from. I did set aside some of the Spidey Marvel Masterpieces that I think would grade decent since that is the thing now. I'll get some pics up at some point here.

I did see I have quite a few Silver Surfer Marvel Masterpieces as well...

You tease. lol I would love to see anything you find in that large container my friend. So excited that you're getting into the marvel card scene with us. I can't wait to learn more about your collection.