• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Character Collectors (Trading Cards)
4 4

49 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Im a bit of an X-23 collector of comics and cards. I don’t have anywhere near what I want but there are some cards like Marvel Masterpieces X-23 that I have no interest in. I just don’t like the artwork of her on that set. I’m actually a sane adult unlike some of you ha ha 

Id love to have more comics and cards of Laura but her cards can be hard to come across. My next squeeze is gonna be Psyclocke as she’s cool and I’m British.

• Administrator
On 11/9/2022 at 6:03 PM, MAR1979 said:

Not really a card collector picked this up anyhow.  Slightly altered/tilted Surfer #1 Cover. Goes along with my Surfer 1 reprint, which was first image I ever saw of the Surfer in my life.

image.thumb.jpeg.b423dac4f69db539488eda76e2be51e4.jpegFantasy_Masterpieces_1979_1.thumb.jpg.f943eea55fe7bd319f994b41df35b70e.jpg

Love this pairing. 

• Administrator
On 11/14/2022 at 12:45 PM, Retroverse said:

Hi all.

Im a bit of an X-23 collector of comics and cards. I don’t have anywhere near what I want but there are some cards like Marvel Masterpieces X-23 that I have no interest in. I just don’t like the artwork of her on that set. I’m actually a sane adult unlike some of you ha ha 

Id love to have more comics and cards of Laura but her cards can be hard to come across. My next squeeze is gonna be Psyclocke as she’s cool and I’m British.

Retro!!! I'm so glad you are here! Yeah there are definitely some silver surfers in my collection that I'm not a huge fan of the art. Plus it's so difficult to be a character collector now than it was before. But I've been doing this for more than 10 years now and I have to say persistence and patience is the only way to get some of these very unique pieces.

On 12/22/2022 at 4:17 PM, SxG said:

Does anyone know of any good resources to value Marvel cards? I found some old Marvel Metal and Flairs that I collected back in the day and can't find a good source of pricing for estimated value for submissions. 

I always recommend going on eBay and looking at sold prices.  The most recent sales are the best way to see.  Marvel cards have been fluctuating in price a lot recently.  It's important to honestly consider condition. 

• Administrator
On 11/23/2022 at 2:25 PM, Retroverse said:

I'm trying to decide if I need cards that I don't really enjoy the art of? There some X-23 cards I love and already thinking I may never get. Lucky 8 for a start

For the ones you are not in love with--I would make a list of importance first. The worst situation you can be in it's not having cash or something you're in love with. After you are done picking up your favorites, pick up the cards that you were only half interested in.