• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Idea How Rare this 2011 Newsstand is in 9.8?

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

How uncommon is this book in a 9.8 newsstand? I just picked it up because the direct edition was a book I wanted, but also because it was a 2011 newsstand. The census does not differentiate between newsstand and direct, so that being said could anyone provide an estimate as to how many of these are likely out there in this grade? I know people have estimates regarding UF4 newsstand, so I figured I’d see if anyone could ballpark an estimate on this:F3AB5F80-F0BB-4E9F-BEC8-6157ECA30BA5.jpeg.c5d147c88aec3dece381584b22ee7448.jpeg

Thanks!!

On 10/23/2022 at 4:57 PM, Mrs. Tux said:

Wouldn't it be like 10-20% of what is listed on the Census?

I wouldn’t think nearly that high, since it’s a newsstand from 2011. For comparison, UF 4 (which came out around this time) is estimated to have around 40-50 newsstands identified at this time

On 10/22/2022 at 10:58 AM, Austinm1996 said:

could anyone provide an estimate as to how many of these are likely out there in this grade?

No, they could not.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:58 AM, Austinm1996 said:

I know people have estimates regarding UF4 newsstand,

No, there are no estimates, just meaningless numbers pulled out of a dark place.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:43 PM, Lazyboy said:

No, they could not.

No, there are no estimates, just meaningless numbers pulled out of a dark place.

It’s a shame CGC doesn’t designate the “newsstand variant” on the label like they have with some other books. Then I could just check a census…

On 10/24/2022 at 4:09 PM, Austinm1996 said:

It’s a shame CGC doesn’t designate the “newsstand variant” on the label like they have with some other books. Then I could just check a census…

They do now, though that doesn't help with looking at the current Census. Of course, they also royally screwed up their new Newsstand notations, but will hopefully fix it soon.

Then again. Copper Age Canadian Newsstands have been recognized by CGC (regardless of what they wrongly call them) since the beginning, but the Census is also largely useless for those because they somehow just can't manage to label them properly with any kind of consistency.