• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Witchblade #22 Museum Edition
1 1

4 posts in this topic

CGC has graded museum editions in the past.  The problem with museum editions is that a new cover gets attached to an existing comic book.  That new cover is not trimmed to the size of the existing comic and therefore has "overhang".  The overhang can get dented/damaged encased in the CGC holder.  Another problem is the staple penetration into the new cover stock, as well as the type of paper Jay Co used.  My graded ME is a 9.4 due to the deep staples and the paper stock being printed the wrong direction of the paper grain which causes paper fracture at the folded spine.

You should call them to confirm their current position on grading them.  And if you do, please let me know what you find.  I have a graded museum edition and a raw one that I'd consider having graded.