• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

James Gunn to lead DC Studios
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, Kripsys99 said:

The Peacemaker HBO Max show has made me a James Gunn believer. Here's hoping this is the beginning of something for DC movies and TV.

I haven't watched Peacemaker but I am a big believer in James Gunn as well. Hopefully he gets his creative juices flowing and things get coherent and fun.

On 10/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

This was posted in the Warner Bros-Discovery thread earlier

that is burying the lead! This is thread worthy stuff all on its' own, don't you think?

On 10/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

What is her definition of 'some good DC movies'?

enjoyable, coherent movies, preferably with no comic knowledge required. she enjoyed BoP but not Suicide Squad 1. She is out of earshot but IIRC she thought the Gunn Suicide Squad was fine but nothing special. She loves Guardians though. she is a fair single person stand in for movies in general...not too pre-judgy like my daughters. I made her watch Snyderverse with me over a few nights and she enjoyed it enough to finish but on her own, nah. she's perfect, so yeah, her definition is the correct one. :sumo: (and so y'all know, zero chance she ever reads that)

On 10/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, paperheart said:

Does he do promotion for GOTG3 or does Feige fire him?

good question, since I am doing wifey posts now, she said something earlier tonight about the Guardians Holiday Special ( to which I replied, yes I told you about that the other night for the second or third time) and is looking forward to it now that pajiba or whatever mentioned it. but he has that first and then guardians 3 to promote, so good question

On 10/25/2022 at 8:54 PM, Bird said:

that is burying the lead! This is thread worthy stuff all on its' own, don't you think?

No. It was covered there to encourage conversation.

But more importantly, there are two leads to ensure Gunn doesn't go off the rails.

enjoyable, coherent movies, preferably with no comic knowledge required.

So a movie like Man of Steel or even Wonder Woman where the influences were baked into the movie. No need for comic book knowledge.

she enjoyed BoP but not Suicide Squad 1. She is out of earshot but IIRC she thought the Gunn Suicide Squad was fine but nothing special. She loves Guardians though. she is a fair single person stand in for movies in general...not too pre-judgy like my daughters. I made her watch Snyderverse with me over a few nights and she enjoyed it enough to finish but on her own, nah. she's perfect, so yeah, her definition is the correct one. :sumo: (and so y'all know, zero chance she ever reads that)

:roflmao:

It's love!

Edited by Bosco685

I like Gaurdians 1, and The Suicide Squad. I thought Guardians 2 was pretty awful, so we'll see how he goes. Things can't get worse. Hopefully he's amenable to working with Zack Snyder in some capacity. 

On 10/26/2022 at 12:36 AM, Cat said:

I like Gaurdians 1, and The Suicide Squad. I thought Guardians 2 was pretty awful, so we'll see how he goes. Things can't get worse. Hopefully he's amenable to working with Zack Snyder in some capacity. 

They have worked together previously

E8TYtKzUcAAN7g-.thumb.jpeg.09392fa3fdddf72e1805a2d06f9404f2.jpeg

I love the way Gunn weaves in music to his stories.  Particularly GoTG and best thing he’s done IMO in Peacemaker.  But I realize the charm is in the uniqueness of that, so not a foundation to build upon for every DC film to come. Still, his creativity should add something exciting to the DC brand.