• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C&P service in Europe

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I have some comics I'd like to submit to CGC but before I want them to be cleaned and pressed.

Since I live in Italy I don't know any local shops who does that, so i checked insured shipment to the US to have them cleaned and pressed, but unfortunately the cost is really expensive (apart from the service and grading) and I'm worried about all the paperwork related to custom duties.

Do you know any good retailer in Europe who offers C&P and manages the CGC submission?

Thank you

Edited by Gambo

On 10/26/2022 at 1:09 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

@Get Marwood & I, not sure if this is up your alley, or if you know another Euro boardie who can assist?

I haven't been down that alley myself, but @vaillant is based in Italy, I believe - he may know. 

On 10/26/2022 at 10:20 AM, Gambo said:

Do you know any good retailer in Europe who offers C&P and manages the CGC submission?

You're aware you can submit your books to CGC's office in London?

On 10/26/2022 at 5:59 PM, mrc said:

You're aware you can submit your books to CGC's office in London?

Yes thank you, the main problem for me is the process prior to submission, because apparently the only services which Clean and Press comics are located in the US, and from what I read online I would prefer avoiding the CCS pressing service when submitting.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:55 PM, Gambo said:

Yes thank you, the main problem for me is the process prior to submission, because apparently the only services which Clean and Press comics are located in the US, and from what I read online I would prefer avoiding the CCS pressing service when submitting.

I don’t know about pressing, but I fear I am not the right person to advise about grading through an Italian facilitator, as when I did it I did it through Nick @Comicana (which is in the UK).
I know there are a pair of facilitators in Italy but the few people I have heard that have books graded by CGC are doing it directly with CGC itself. If you are on Facebook just join the group "Collezionisti italiani comics USA. C.I.C USA" and you can get in touch with people doing it. :)