• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2022 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up
9 9

524 posts in this topic

jenga, jenga, jeng-ah-ling!

doh! I might have started listening to Christmas music on the radio a bit too early! :roflmao: 

.... A sleigh ride together with you! :whistle: 

On 11/14/2022 at 12:24 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Could I maybe see some examples of gifts people have given in the past?

Some "results" are toward the end of the thread, I tried to link it that way but not sure if I was successful. :cheers: 

On 11/14/2022 at 2:41 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Thanks! So you can get anything from a stack of raw Spidey books to 3 slabbed Thor books?

lol I feel you, although in the 1st post, it says, "make it worth the shipping, at least $15 worth of stuff!" While your "facts are straight", it is Christmas on the boards and plenty seem excited.

I only add that last part, lest anyone joins and thinks that way, cause I'm sure Santa brings reprints as well as slabs :cheers: 

Silver Bells, Silver Bells :shy: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Basically no one needs to be told how to give. 

Give cheerfully of what you can, and you won't be disappointed, that's how Christmas goes and I hope the boards holidays are ok with that motto.

Holiday exchange is universal, that hopefully means accepting what you're able. That can be different from year to year, and it really could be carried to day to day.

I've been blessed this year, otherwise I know my limits and may not have signed up, as I haven't since 2019 :shy: 

On 11/16/2022 at 12:54 AM, fmaz said:

I think there are really only two “rules” to follow:

As a giver - be as generous as possible, within your means of course. Generosity isn’t always financial, sometimes your generosity comes from spending your time in researching and picking out your gift(s). When you’re able, you can be generous with time and money. Not everyone can. You do you! 

As a receiver - show your appreciation for whatever you receive. No matter what you got, chances are someone may have been very excited to have bought it for you and/or stretched themselves financially to do it, etc… regardless, always be appreciative.

I should be specific here. How do you show your appreciation?  Post photos when your package arrives and you put it under your tree (if you have one). Post photos when you open your gifts so you can share what you got with the community, and most important of all, as soon as you open send a personal note to your SS thanking him/her for your gifts. 

Do those things and everyone will (as always) have a great time!

Oh and the third (bonus) “rule” - don’t forget to sign up for the raffle when that comes around!!!

Good tips.

On 11/16/2022 at 12:54 AM, fmaz said:

I think there are really only two “rules” to follow:

As a giver - be as generous as possible, within your means of course. Generosity isn’t always financial, sometimes your generosity comes from spending your time in researching and picking out your gift(s). When you’re able, you can be generous with time and money. Not everyone can. You do you! 

As a receiver - show your appreciation for whatever you receive. No matter what you got, chances are someone may have been very excited to have bought it for you and/or stretched themselves financially to do it, etc… regardless, always be appreciative.

I should be specific here. How do you show your appreciation?  Post photos when your package arrives and you put it under your tree (if you have one). Post photos when you open your gifts so you can share what you got with the community, and most important of all, as soon as you open send a personal note to your SS thanking him/her for your gifts. 

Do those things and everyone will (as always) have a great time!

Oh and the third (bonus) “rule” - don’t forget to sign up for the raffle when that comes around!!!

Everything @fmazis correct!

Let me add 1 more "rule" to follow: include a card/note saying what your boardie name is, so the recipient knows who their gift is from.