• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage December 10 comic and comic art auction
3 3

94 posts in this topic

Hey all you DC OA collectors, don't blow your load too early on the November auction because there is a ton of DC oa coming in their December auction.

Some Adams, Perez Ernie chan covers, tons of sekowsky pages incl . JLA 22 

Also some showcase 55 pages

Buckler pages

There's also a Spidey 29 page but far less marvel OA  in this auction.

Will be interesting to see if the results will reflect any market over saturation ......I do not recall so many heritage auctions so close together.

Then they have their January signature comic and art auction......whew!

On 10/27/2022 at 4:33 AM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Will be interesting to see if the results will reflect any market over saturation ......I do not recall so many heritage auctions so close together.

Then they have their January signature comic and art auction......whew!

What the what?  According to this, there are Signature Auctions in November, December and January, plus the weeklies and other specialized comic/comic art auctions. :whatthe: 

image.thumb.png.c8559bf5af8108a9af5f82e05246cb55.png

On 10/27/2022 at 4:58 PM, cstojano said:

Dec and Jan are two different years so they are completely uncoupled events ;)

Depends how slow the December auctioneer talks......

On 10/28/2022 at 11:32 AM, batman_fan said:

A data point, does not indicate a general trend.  This Peanuts Sunday from 1959 just hammered ay $52,500 on Nate Sanders.  Not cheap by any means but more on the cheaper side than the higher side given:

1.  Age, 195x art is definitely on the desirable side.

2.  Content - captures a true view of Lucy and Linus’s relationship with some great drawings

The first thing that hurt this piece was the starting bid was set to $75k (not including BP).  I think this stopped a lot of people from bidding.  Starting bid was at about where it could end.  Nate Sanders has been doing this a lot lately, very high starting bids.  They later reduced the starting bid to $40k I believe.  Had they started the bidding at $20k I think they would have gotten more bidders and potentially a higher final hammer.  I was watching but couldn’t really pursue it at 75k starting bid (hammer would be $93,750 at the starting bid).  I didn’t see they dropped the starting bid until after the auction closed but if it had been $40k to start, I would have looked to get funds to take a run at it.

C306989B-5E33-4690-A597-9EB5FD45E35D.jpeg

wow yeah, that seems pretty reasonable.   The only thing I can say about it as a negative is that the cast of characters is light.   No Charlie, snoopy, etc.   Wonderful otherwise.

Edited by Bronty

On 10/28/2022 at 11:32 PM, batman_fan said:

A data point, does not indicate a general trend.  This Peanuts Sunday from 1959 just hammered ay $52,500 on Nate Sanders.  Not cheap by any means but more on the cheaper side than the higher side given:

2.  Content - captures a true view of Lucy and Linus’s relationship with some great drawings

The first thing that hurt this piece was the starting bid was set to $75k (not including BP).  I think this stopped a lot of people from bidding.  Starting bid was at about where it could end.  Nate Sanders has been doing this a lot lately, very high starting bids.  They later reduced the starting bid to $40k I believe.  Had they started the bidding at $20k I think they would have gotten more bidders and potentially a higher final hammer.  I was watching but couldn’t really pursue it at 75k starting bid (hammer would be $93,750 at the starting bid).  I didn’t see they dropped the starting bid until after the auction closed but if it had been $40k to start, I would have looked to get funds to take a run at it.

That's a steal.  I think the consignor's biggest mistake, in addition to the ones you listed, was to not sell it on Heritage, where it would probably have gotten the most eyeballs from deep-pocketed Peanuts collectors.  I wasn't aware of this auction and have never heard of Nate Sanders.  

But no surprise that P-Nutz is much more diligent than the rest of us when it comes to scouring the world for Peanuts. (worship) 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:35 PM, tth2 said:

That's a steal.  I think the consignor's biggest mistake, in addition to the ones you listed, was to not sell it on Heritage, where it would probably have gotten the most eyeballs from deep-pocketed Peanuts collectors.  I wasn't aware of this auction and have never heard of Nate Sanders.  

But no surprise that P-Nutz is much more diligent than the rest of us when it comes to scouring the world for Peanuts. (worship) 

Nate Sanders has sold some amazing Peanuts pieces over the years but they are not super well known to strip art collectors.  Being a bottom feeder collector has lead me looking everywhere for bargain pieces.

On 10/28/2022 at 9:32 AM, batman_fan said:

C306989B-5E33-4690-A597-9EB5FD45E35D.jpeg

Considering that a '65 Linus/Lucy daily in the same auction went for $65K, this was a bargain.

Edited by brainbats

I've got to start following this auction site and set bottom fishing bids that would allow me to quickly flip a piece onto Heritage for a decent profit!

There's no guarantee I'd win, of course, as the winner of the Sunday might have been willing to go much higher if pushed.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:15 AM, delekkerste said:

What the what?  According to this, there are Signature Auctions in November, December and January, plus the weeklies and other specialized comic/comic art auctions. :whatthe: 

image.thumb.png.c8559bf5af8108a9af5f82e05246cb55.png

Saturation maybe. 

"Steve Ditko The Amazing Spider-Man #29 Story Page 14 Original Art | LotID #11026 | Heritage Auctions" https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/steve-ditko-the-amazing-spider-man-29-story-page-14-original-art-marvel-1965-/p/7343-11026.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Wow, just wow!🤯

The star of this auction imo

On 11/5/2022 at 4:12 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

"Steve Ditko The Amazing Spider-Man #29 Story Page 14 Original Art | LotID #11026 | Heritage Auctions" https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/steve-ditko-the-amazing-spider-man-29-story-page-14-original-art-marvel-1965-/p/7343-11026.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Wow, just wow!🤯

Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 6.13.15 PM.png

On 11/5/2022 at 6:12 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Wow, just wow!🤯

The "long distance" panel sinks it for me.  Otherwise a stellar page.