• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sell or wait in today's down market?
1 1

103 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2022 at 9:25 AM, kimik said:

The market has gone through the phase we are seeing before. The 2021 spike may have been more like the 1993ish market top, but the run up, consolidation for a couple of years, then run up again pattern is a 5-7 year process. 

FWIW, right now I am setting all time GPA highs on eBay every couple of weeks on common slabbed SA and BA books (the latest one was my Avengers #88 CGC 9.6 that had no takers on the boards for much less lol ). This is a good sign IMHO as when the run books creep up it sets the stage for the rest of the market to move upwards again. I expect 2023 to be a stabilizing year for keys as they hit the bottom of this plateau phase due to the likelihood of a recession, and then we should to start to see prices move forward again in 2024. 

That being said, there will be plenty of opportunities to find books in $1-$2 bins that can be flipped for more as there will still be new streaming/movie announcements.

Sell Marvel

Buy DC

I think with the DCU under new direction, the comics might finally have their day in the sun.2c

On 12/14/2022 at 10:36 PM, fastballspecial said:

Psst you gotta stay in Ebay's good graces too. :baiting:

I am sick of losing 10-15% and doing all that work. 

And Uncle Joe's $600 reporting thresshold just turned me off to the process, I am not good with paperwork.

Luckily my 11 year old will be opening up an online presence soon.