• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on ASM300 restored and McFarlane signature

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have an ASM 300 that is graded CGC 7.5 restored (minor color touch).  What would your thoughts be on sending this for the TM signing?  I don’t have any other copies and it would be cool to get his sig on it.  Would it potentially increase the value of the book?  Should I crack it out prior if I do send it?  Thanks for any insight!!

It will absolutely increase the value of the book.  But it is not guaranteed to increase the value above that which you paid for the signing, and probably wouldn’t.

if you like it for yourself then do it.  If your motives are purely financial, then don’t.

if your motives are an extremely subjective mix of personal and financial that no other person but you can possibly know, then look at your own heart and decide.

If I were submitting, i personally would crack it myself so shipping is cheaper and I save the cracking fee.

Since there are a ba-zillion graded copies of this book, I would not bother to send the book in.  It will cost over $120 to get that book signed and since there are so many graded and signed copies out there, i don’t feel it’s worth the effort.

You would likely enjoy the book more if Todd personalized it for you.  Take it to a convention he’s attending and get it signed.  You can even get a pic of him!

Just my thoughts…