• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Looking Covers as a Series
4 4

63 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2022 at 6:35 PM, Point Five said:

It's surprisingly hard to think of too many series that had *consistently* great covers. Probably stems from the journeyman nature of the business... artists were constantly being rotated through lots of different titles. (And from the publishers' standpoint, if an artist feels like they 'belong' to a title, they're gonna want more money!)

With that said, Planet Comics (1940s-1950s) deserves a shout out. Easily 1/2 to 2/3rds of the run are great covers, and not too many clunkers.

planet71.thumb.jpg.b85bc1ce45a9013380297b901cf20f00.jpg

Winner. Got to be Planet. Close second is Wonder Comics. Some absolutely fantastic covers in that run. 

Wonder_15.jpg

On 1/16/2023 at 10:48 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I just bought a #1  :)

That's great buying - it can only go up after the abomination that was the TV series.

Pics needed!

On 1/15/2023 at 6:20 PM, Beige said:

That's great buying - it can only go up after the abomination that was the TV series.

Pics needed!

Lol it's still in the mail. But I've thought about it and INVINCIBLE.

Since I wasn't around for saga or a few others, I figured I'd have "some" TV stuff in my collection. :)

I even have a runaways #1 cgc 9.4. :insane:

On 1/15/2023 at 6:29 PM, D2 said:

8BD1AF3F-68E6-48D9-8506-2777CCC77D2C.jpeg

96632D5C-C3A9-4B37-BA48-4C25AA3FEC5D.webp

Was there ever a show if this or was it just rumoured forever?

I know it's been mentioned in shows like the Big Bang Theory, and Neil Gaimon even made a guest appearance. :)

On 1/15/2023 at 7:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was there ever a show if this or was it just rumoured forever?

I know it's been mentioned in shows like the Big Bang Theory, and Neil Gaimon even made a guest appearance. :)

So, originally Brian and Fiona always said they made this so it wouldn’t be in a show, that they were showing things they knew would get declined or wouldn’t be translatable. 

That being said, everyone has been yelling for one…

However, with the failures of both Y the Last Man, and Paper Girls, I don’t think they have much hope in hell now. 

On 1/15/2023 at 7:32 PM, D2 said:

So, originally Brian and Fiona always said they made this so it wouldn’t be in a show, that they were showing things they knew would get declined or wouldn’t be translatable. 

That being said, everyone has been yelling for one…

However, with the failures of both Y the Last Man, and Paper Girls, I don’t think they have much hope in hell now. 

Ya it's an argouis journey, but might be the next phase, for relit shows? Not having cable is showing my cards, but as a series they stand up. I will say that things being rebooted in comics or characters coming back to print have boosted sales/hype, which is the sigh of relief really. I guess I let that sway my decision to revisit other property or titles. :)

That said. All are basically finished series, that are not quite nostalgic enough to be officially rebooted, but that is in the minds of the creators, I should do more research on Kirkham with Invincible, as I've kept and not flipped a lot of issues from that as well lol

Opposite to the subject but i am the only to think all ultimate series get some really bad cover? I like when it's sober but here its just look like they doesnt care about the cover...