• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post-Halloween Monster Mash!
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Just for Halloween, it’s time to post your ONE AND ONLY FAVORITE horror comic book for the Monster Mash and tell them Boris sent you…

Play the Monster Mash song as you peruse through this thread and see the classic precode horror books posted by the collectors, some of whom are Monster Kids (like me)!

Edited by bronze johnny

On 10/29/2022 at 5:41 PM, Frisco Larson said:

THAT is spectacular!!! I don't recall ever SEEING that cover before!!! :whatthe: NOW I'm gonna be on the lookout!!! 

Glad you appreciate it! Copies of Weird Mysteries 4 (and 5) are thin on the ground these days, I'm afraid to say...

On 10/29/2022 at 11:54 AM, goldust40 said:

Glad you appreciate it! Copies of Weird Mysteries 4 (and 5) are thin on the ground these days, I'm afraid to say...

Thanks for posting that!!! I enjoy being exposed to comics that I don't recall ever seeing, especially when they're awesome!!! The horror genre is one I've only dabbled in, never having very many in my collection. Some of those books can be VERY pricey and you kind of need to know your stuff in that genre. Unless of course it's a cool book and cheap, then it's an easy call, but cool horror books and cheap aren't used in a sentence very often! lol

On 10/29/2022 at 8:33 AM, bronze johnny said:

Just for Halloween, it’s time to post your ONE AND ONLY FAVORITE horror comic book for the Monster Mash and tell them Boris sent you…

Love it.  Thank you.  Bought this, Bad, bad, LeRoy Brown, and Love's me like a rock brand new as a kid.  Still have them somewhere.

On 10/29/2022 at 9:06 AM, Jayman said:

I know this in not the criterion, but this is my favorite “Monster Mash” book that I own. Crime and horror goodness together as one! :x

Crime Mysteries # 10.JPG

I bought a total beater of a copy of this book because I loved the cover so much - it has everything: crime! monsters! hilarious dialogue!