Problem With Creating Submission for Mechanical Error - Issue with Inbound Shipping Information
4 4

52 posts in this topic

Although the information is automatically entered from my membership, the site will not let me submit a mechanical error reholder order.  I've tried different credit cards to see if that was the issue, but I always get the same error.  I've also tried different devices (ipads, iphones, laptop, etc.).
 

"There was an issue with your inbound shipping information" then it prompts me to edit the information.  The information is accurate and has been used for multiple submissions (including other returns for mechanical errors" in recent past.

Anyone else getting this error?

I have an email into CGC support, but wondering if it's the site and not something I'm doing.

 

Untitled.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2022 at 9:38 AM, Drogio said:

Although the information is automatically entered from my membership, the site will not let me submit a mechanical error reholder order.  I've tried different credit cards to see if that was the issue, but I always get the same error.  I've also tried different devices (ipads, iphones, laptop, etc.).
 

"There was an issue with your inbound shipping information" then it prompts me to edit the information.  The information is accurate and has been used for multiple submissions (including other returns for mechanical errors" in recent past.

Anyone else getting this error?

I have an email into CGC support, but wondering if it's the site and not something I'm doing.

 

Untitled.png

Did anyone find a fix? I sent a customer support thing and no response…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an issue submitting an order that sounds similar to yours a couple of months ago.  A couple of suggestions:

1.  The functionality WILL NOT take a 10 digit zip code for the return shipping address; the zip code must be 9 chars or less.  It may allow you to submit this as the return shipping address, but it gets hung up when you attempt to submit the payment.

2.  Once the functionality fails, it may write things to the browser memory that keep the functionality failing.  You may eventually need to clear your browser cache to clear this memory, but this would log you out of other websites and remove settings currently saved within the browser for other websites.  An alternative would be to try a different browser to submit your CGC order.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 11/5/2022 at 11:39 PM, YuvrajSudan said:

Did anyone find a fix? I sent a customer support thing and no response…

What is the certification number of the book or books you are trying to submit as a ME?  Web help requested this info so they could do a test.

BTW, if anyone else is having this problem, give me the cert number of the book(s).

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CGC MikeI was able to find a solution.  Once you get the error upon final submission, go back in and edit the first zip code (sending from) to be nine digits with no dash and no spaces.  Uncheck the box that makes the second zip code (return to) the same and simply add the dash to only that zip code.  The red text about it needing to be 10 characters max still appears, but the submission successfully processes.  For the prepaid label, the system generates your address using only the first five digits of the zip code, so the FedEx system will still be able to process.  I hope this helps everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 11/21/2022 at 6:29 PM, Dave915 said:

@CGC MikeI was able to find a solution.  Once you get the error upon final submission, go back in and edit the first zip code (sending from) to be nine digits with no dash and no spaces.  Uncheck the box that makes the second zip code (return to) the same and simply add the dash to only that zip code.  The red text about it needing to be 10 characters max still appears, but the submission successfully processes.  For the prepaid label, the system generates your address using only the first five digits of the zip code, so the FedEx system will still be able to process.  I hope this helps everyone.

Thanks for posting this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4