• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS and Grading

5 posts in this topic

Hello all ,

Newby grader here, thinking of sending a few books in to be graded but like to get them pressed and cleaned first. So my question is this, if I get them pressed first will it automatically be sent to grading after or will it be sent bavk to me to resend for grading? i'm assuming you can indicate on the invoice . Thanks

On 10/29/2022 at 12:58 PM, Jason12345 said:

Hello all ,

Newby grader here, thinking of sending a few books in to be graded but like to get them pressed and cleaned first. So my question is this, if I get them pressed first will it automatically be sent to grading after or will it be sent bavk to me to resend for grading? i'm assuming you can indicate on the invoice . Thanks

If you submit them for pressing and cleaning then they will go to CCS then CGC then back to you.

Do you want them to be graded by CGC?  if so, then you will want to submit them for pressing/cleaning AND grading. If you submit them ONLY

for cleaning/pressing..CGC will not assume you also want grading, and yes, they will return them back to you.

Edited by Ed Hanes

Theoretically the company is trying to make it easy for you to spend your money with them.  So they make it really easy to press and grade without sending back in the middle for you to change your mind.