• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uneven paper on top of slab
2 2

18 posts in this topic

So I purchased an Amazing Spider-man #1 (2014) 9.8 grade on eBay and the first day I noticed as you’ll see on the files attached, the paper on the top of the slab is not centered/even. The other comic slab pictured with it is from a different seller but is just to show how suspicious the Spider-Man slab looks. Is this maybe tampering and should I return it???

A0F00165-3E28-4268-B816-3AB8BDDAFC39.jpeg

0CD62917-EDD5-4235-BCA4-77E5EB42429E.jpeg

On 10/30/2022 at 8:17 AM, shadroch said:

I'd return and find another hobby. 

I just don’t wanna get scammed lmao I’m sure you might have an idea whether or not it’s a scam. I have a life so taking my own time to contact CGC or something isn’t in the cards. 

On 10/30/2022 at 2:46 PM, 2miller0 said:
On 10/30/2022 at 2:40 PM, FrontStands said:

It happens, no reason to return it.

Alright, thanks!! Was just my first slab that wasn’t visually perfect. 

What you should do is read through this thread to familiarize yourself with the different generations of slabs. Because if you're OCD about the slab you mention, this thread will keep your socks on in the future ^^ to be sure the actual pics in the thread no longer upload, but if you click on the picture "links that didn't upload" (due to an old thread) you'll see the slabs throughout the decades, differences and etc :cheers: 

On 10/30/2022 at 5:14 PM, KCOComics said:

No reason to worry! 

With the old slabs, the label was on top and would frequently fall off.  

Enjoy the book and welcome to the hobby! 

Appreciate the welcome! :) It says it just got graded almost two months ago. And it’s the position of the paper I’m worried about 

Edited by 2miller0

• Administrator
On 10/31/2022 at 8:16 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 10/30/2022 at 11:49 PM, 2miller0 said:

Oof we got somebody who has nothing better do in their life other than hate on comments ;) 

That's Stu. If you stick around, you'll be able to tell when it's him.

It will be under a different id because, this one is gone.  :wink: