• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I break the registry? lol
2 2

94 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2022 at 10:29 AM, Off Panel said:

I'm using the Set Manager work-around for now (thanks, @ADAMANTIUM), but not being able to use the Control Panel is a huge pain.

Spoiler

646010129_RegistryDown.thumb.png.95f093be19eb2f00287b251d8093244c.png

I'll add my voice to the chorus. I went in this morning to update my registry and the Control Panel page is down for me, too. I'm using the Set Manager work-around for now (thanks, @ADAMANTIUM), but not being able to use the Control Panel is a huge pain.

I've got to say, I'm a little bit amazed at how casually the Web Help team is taking this. If you don't mind my asking, are these CGC employees or external support? At my company, if we have a customer-impacting outage that lasts for more than 15 minutes, the Web team is on the phone with our Chief Product Officer until everything is fixed. I've been on those calls as an SME and I can tell you that people are moving as fast as they can to isolate and solve the problem. No one wants that call to go a minute longer than it has to.

It looks like ADAMANTIUM started this topic on October 31, so this has been unresolved for, what, 29 business days now? I really can't get my head around that.

Well initial problems started then so in a way yes, but then it worked fine for a while, and now, it is broke again as of like Monday or something. @wytshus 

I don't know who all is reading this thread, cgc mike mentioned it, but not here and only in the "temporary error" thread in comics general.

So IDK :shy:

:sorry: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well initial problems started then so in a way yes, but then it worked fine for a while, and now, it is broke again as of like Monday or something.

Okay, if this is a recurring problem rather than a continuous problem, that's a little better.

But even if the functionality is down for a full week rather than a full month, it's not a great look.

I've been able to add new books using the Set Manager work-around, and I can also see the points and rankings for my individual sets.

Does anyone know a work-around for seeing your overall Registry Rank? Does that appear anywhere other than on the Control Panel page?

Thanks!

Okay, I have answered my own question and I now have a very tedious work-around for people who can't view their Control Panels.

Here's what you do:

1. Enter the Registry and select "Control Panel" from the navigation. You'll get the "error-occurred-you're-SOL" message.
  2. Say your favorite swear word. (Don't skip this step!)
  3. Select My Collection from the top nav and then choose Set Manager. (All credit goes to ADAMANTIUM here; I'm standing on the shoulders of giants.)
  4. From the Comic Set Manager page, pick any set and note what your rank is. Then click on the set link from the Set Type Name column. (Example: I'm ranked 23rd in the Daredevil #1-#380 set, so I click on the Daredevil #1-#380 link.)
  5. On the Set: <x> page, remember your rank and scroll down to that line. (E.g., I'm rank 23, so I scroll past all the higher ranked sets until I get to 23 and see my personal Daredevil set: "The Span Without Peer.")
  6. The first column in this row will be your boardie name as a link. Click on it.
  7. You'll see a modal that has your name and a button that says: View Full Profile. Click this button.
  8. Voila! You are now at your Control Panel page! (Actually, you're on your profile page, but you can see your information and do almost anything here that you would normally do on your Control Panel page. Doesn't look like you can edit your Bio, but pretty much everything else.)

Hopefully this lets you do what you need to do until the bigger issues are resolved.

On 12/10/2022 at 1:12 PM, Off Panel said:

Okay, I have answered my own question and I now have a very tedious work-around for people who can't view their Control Panels.

Here's what you do:

1. Enter the Registry and select "Control Panel" from the navigation. You'll get the "error-occurred-you're-SOL" message.
  2. Say your favorite swear word. (Don't skip this step!)
  3. Select My Collection from the top nav and then choose Set Manager. (All credit goes to ADAMANTIUM here; I'm standing on the shoulders of giants.)
  4. From the Comic Set Manager page, pick any set and note what your rank is. Then click on the set link from the Set Type Name column. (Example: I'm ranked 23rd in the Daredevil #1-#380 set, so I click on the Daredevil #1-#380 link.)
  5. On the Set: <x> page, remember your rank and scroll down to that line. (E.g., I'm rank 23, so I scroll past all the higher ranked sets until I get to 23 and see my personal Daredevil set: "The Span Without Peer.")
  6. The first column in this row will be your boardie name as a link. Click on it.
  7. You'll see a modal that has your name and a button that says: View Full Profile. Click this button.
  8. Voila! You are now at your Control Panel page! (Actually, you're on your profile page, but you can see your information and do almost anything here that you would normally do on your Control Panel page. Doesn't look like you can edit your Bio, but pretty much everything else.)

Hopefully this lets you do what you need to do until the bigger issues are resolved.

What I did:

Is either use the Search bar at the left and under login, just search your boardie name, go to your page, then find out you rank and points, now used to you could click on that and it would take you to the page over all you are on.

That said, I think this takes you to page one overall, but since you already know your rank, then go to the appropriate page :cheers: this way you can also use this, non login search, to see your "OVERALL GALLERY!" :banana:

or

when logged in? click your name in the upper left, it'll say "view profile" and will open in a new tab...

Just a bit easier?

image.thumb.png.c05fbdb5efaab92d05dcc84d26743ade.png

image.thumb.png.79e3aa1c405b3bb68200e0f8fa61827f.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/11/2022 at 12:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

What I did:

Is either use the Search bar at the left and under login, just search your boardie name, go to your page, then find out you rank and points, now used to you could click on that and it would take you to the page over all you are on.

That said, I think this takes you to page one overall, but since you already know your rank, then go to the appropriate page :cheers: this way you can also use this, non login search, to see your "OVERALL GALLERY!" :banana:

or

when logged in? click your name in the upper left, it'll say "view profile" and will open in a new tab...

Just a bit easier?

image.thumb.png.c05fbdb5efaab92d05dcc84d26743ade.png

image.thumb.png.79e3aa1c405b3bb68200e0f8fa61827f.png

Thanks, I just jumped through all those hoops to find out my rank is 3108, but I have a nice round number of points with 2,222.

No profile though, I prefer to be incognito.  :shiftyeyes:

image.thumb.jpeg.7361800f5a9c2bc89b970a04a520d16a.jpeg

Edited by frozentundraguy

• Administrator
On 12/11/2022 at 2:35 PM, chaddesden33 said:

Can someone from CGC explain what the current problem is and when they expect to resolve it so that we don't have undertake these workarounds to update our sets.

Web help is aware that customers are receiving the error message only when clicking on the Control Panel tab. They have created a ticket with MX to further investigate the problem.  As of yet, there is no time frame as to when the problem will be fixed.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  

On 12/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Thanks, I just jumped through all those hoops to find out my rank is 3108, but I have a nice round number of points with 2,222.

No profile though, I prefer to be incognito.  :shiftyeyes:

image.thumb.jpeg.7361800f5a9c2bc89b970a04a520d16a.jpeg

Lol when they fix it, make a bio, no real names lol

To plead the 5th, just speak of your love of comics, it doesn't necessarily have to be personal. Perhaps just what you like to collect, and it'll be elaborated on to your benefit. All they'll know is it is @frozentundraguy a guy who likes the comics shown haha

Just what is common for you to look for, or what you look for in a comic, maybe why? Condition and or genre, or something, but doesn't have to be names and dates, to protect the innocent of course!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/11/2022 at 9:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol when they fix it, make a bio, no real names lol

To plead the 5th, just speak of your love of comics, it doesn't necessarily have to be personal. Perhaps just what you like to collect, and it'll be elaborated on to your benefit. All they'll know is it is @frozentundraguy a guy who likes the comics shown haha

Just what is common for you to look for, or what you look for in a comic, maybe why? Condition and or genre, or something, but doesn't have to be names and dates, to protect the innocent of course!

Thanks,  I probably could write up a bio, as I have most of next week off of work. :cheers:

On 12/11/2022 at 9:21 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Thanks,  I probably could write up a bio, as I have most of next week off of work. :cheers:

Ya follow those steps when they get it fixed, but if they fix the "control panel" button, then it is one click away to create a bio.

But ya it's tough till then lol

@CGC Mike I didn't want to start a new thread in case I'm the only one experiencing this, but for some reason I cannot log into the registry today.  Here's a screen shot of what I see:

image.thumb.png.f7894867c0a1d3c2445e6b8979201153.png

Obviously I'm having no trouble logging into the forum, nor is there any problem doing other things like tracking my submissions.  So I'm not sure why the registry is not recognizing my password.

Wondered if you had tried to retype your password instead of using the saved dots, or someway to make sure what is "saved" is the one it should be. I don't remember if it there was a "show password" option idk