• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I break the registry? lol
2 2

94 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2022 at 5:48 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

@CGC Mike I didn't want to start a new thread in case I'm the only one experiencing this, but for some reason I cannot log into the registry today.  Here's a screen shot of what I see:

image.thumb.png.f7894867c0a1d3c2445e6b8979201153.png

Obviously I'm having no trouble logging into the forum, nor is there any problem doing other things like tracking my submissions.  So I'm not sure why the registry is not recognizing my password.

I had that same issue back on the 11th of December. I was able to log in by opening a second occurrence of CGC, then I chose explore other users sets, from there you can find your own set, then chose set manager and edit or browse your sets. Since your logged in on the first session your already logged in on the second session.

Edited by frozentundraguy

• Administrator
On 12/27/2022 at 6:48 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

@CGC Mike I didn't want to start a new thread in case I'm the only one experiencing this, but for some reason I cannot log into the registry today.  Here's a screen shot of what I see:

I will create a ticket with web help.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:41 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I had that same issue back on the 11th of December. I was able to log in by opening a second occurrence of CGC, then I chose explore other users sets, from there you can find your own set, then chose set manager and edit or browse your sets. Since your logged in on the first session your already logged in on the second session.

Thanks -- I was able to get to the set I want to add a book to, but I don't see the menus that would allow me to get to the set manager.

image.thumb.png.f5055a629129b8b2c77620148d9f8077.png

On 12/27/2022 at 8:11 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will create a ticket with web help.

Thanks Mike!

On 12/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wondered if you had tried to retype your password instead of using the saved dots, or someway to make sure what is "saved" is the one it should be. I don't remember if it there was a "show password" option idk

Whoa, that seems to have worked!  Thank you very much for the suggestion.

On 12/27/2022 at 8:54 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thanks -- I was able to get to the set I want to add a book to, but I don't see the menus that would allow me to get to the set manager.

image.thumb.png.f5055a629129b8b2c77620148d9f8077.png

Thanks Mike!

I took a screen shot, In this case I chose the letter 'D' then scrolled down to Detective Comics Complete. Then I took the mouse and hovered over 'my collection; and 'set manager' is there as an option along with 'comic manager'.

CGC_Set_manager.jpg

On 12/27/2022 at 10:04 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I took a screen shot, In this case I chose the letter 'D' then scrolled down to Detective Comics Complete. Then I took the mouse and hovered over 'my collection; and 'set manager' is there as an option along with 'comic manager'.

CGC_Set_manager.jpg

Thanks -- at this point I'm all set, but FWIW the entire menu bar (Control Panel, My Collection, etc.) was not visible for me.

On 12/27/2022 at 3:48 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

image.thumb.png.f7894867c0a1d3c2445e6b8979201153.png

Obviously I'm having no trouble logging into the forum, nor is there any problem doing other things like tracking my submissions.  So I'm not sure why the registry is not recognizing my password.

The “Saved Password” has never worked for me on that site either. Always have to put it in manually.

On 12/28/2022 at 6:55 AM, CGC Mike said:
On 12/27/2022 at 10:28 PM, docgo said:

The “Saved Password” has never worked for me on that site either. Always have to put it in manually.

How many other people are experiencing this?

idk how many have seen this yet, tried to give it time, but tmk it always has for me. :shy: 

On 12/29/2022 at 1:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

@Sweet Lou 14 Web help is asking if you are having any more issues with the registry.

Thanks for following up Mike.  I've just confirmed that the problem still exists.

If it helps, I should point out that I use a password manager (in my case it's Dashlane) that automatically logs me into most web sites.  I had never had any trouble with the CGC sites (technically, you guys appear in Dashlane twice -- cgccomics.com and collectors-society.com), but for whatever reason it started tripping up when I first reported the problem the other day.  My workaround is to manually copy the password from the Dashlane app and paste it into the form, and everything works.  But when Dashlane tries to do its magic, it now fails when it used to always work just fine.

• Administrator
On 12/30/2022 at 12:09 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thanks for following up Mike.  I've just confirmed that the problem still exists.

If it helps, I should point out that I use a password manager (in my case it's Dashlane) that automatically logs me into most web sites.  I had never had any trouble with the CGC sites (technically, you guys appear in Dashlane twice -- cgccomics.com and collectors-society.com), but for whatever reason it started tripping up when I first reported the problem the other day.  My workaround is to manually copy the password from the Dashlane app and paste it into the form, and everything works.  But when Dashlane tries to do its magic, it now fails when it used to always work just fine.

Thanks for the info.  I will pass it along.

Hello, wondering if anyone else is having problems with the ‘add new’ comic feature in their custom sets?

I just got this book graded, it is in the Census but I cannot add it to my custom set.  Already messaged @wytshusand emailed registry but wondering if anyone else is having issues. Customer Service said all looked fine on their end. I have always been able to add books once they shipped so this is a new problem to me.

Hoping maybe someone found a workaround!

Thanks!

C997FC9B-F5E2-4304-9DEE-539CD3CF683B.jpeg.b00852b4014d92c2e8595782d89e25bb.jpeg
44D9D9EF-406D-4784-9BC0-8DAA30159F04.thumb.jpeg.52e5c32a0d52a38bd8d5f47344b4209b.jpeg

Edited by Iconic1s