• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a newbie collector, just new to graded books

6 posts in this topic

I was at NYCC and submitted 4 books to be fast track graded. I got them all back within a month which is amazing, but 3 of the 4 slabs have damage. There was no damage to the shipping carton and they appeared to be secure in the bubble wrap so not sure how it could have happened during shipment. What's also curious is that the damaged slabs are not damaged on the exterior, it is all inside the case which leads me to believe this all occurred before they shipped out. I rubbed my finger across all of them and they are not rough so the cracks and damage are within the cases themselves.

What is CGC policy on things like this?

20221102_133747.jpg

20221102_133914.jpg

20221102_134005.jpg

Keep in mind there is a timeframe for reporting the damage to CGC:

Customer must inspect all collectibles immediately upon receipt from a Company. A Company shall have no liability for any damage or errors unless reported to Company within fourteen (14) days of Customer’s receipt of the collectibles from Company. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/legal/terms-and-conditions/