• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taschen's Fantastic Four Marvel Comics Library is the one of the greatest SA Books ever created!!!
1 1

62 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2022 at 3:37 PM, Yale Stewart said:

Well, I ordered mine directly from Taschen and have been provided a shipment number and carrier. Just waiting for it to be sent out.

please give us a review as they might send your before Amazon ever gets it...can't wait for board member opinion...

Edited by Mmehdy

On 11/16/2022 at 6:20 PM, Mmehdy said:

please give us a review as they might send your before Amazon ever gets it...can't wait for board member opinion...

I may receive it earlier, but I'm not allowed to open it until Christmas, lol. Despite being a full-grown adult, my mom insists my brothers and I request at least one item she can wrap as a gift, and it seemed like a fine candidate.

I can certainly vouch for the quality of Spider-Man and Avengers, though. I can't imagine FF will not meet the standard they've set.

It’s in stock and available now at tashen… Amazon should be tomorrow … did anyone  get either the SM or Avengers deluxe edition…. Opinion at to there worth  as opposed to the extra costs as I know there had a very limited print run with slipcase

Edited by Mmehdy

On 11/24/2022 at 9:16 PM, Mmehdy said:

It’s in stock and available now at tashen… Amazon should be tomorrow … did anyone  get either the SM or Avengers deluxe edition…. Opinion at to there worth  as opposed to the extra costs as I know there had a very limited print run with slipcase

I've watched reviews of them, and there's just nothing there---in my opinion---to remotely justify the additional $400 price tag. Literally the only difference is the smaller print run, a slightly fancier book mark, and a mildly different cover treatment, all of which are pretty clearly laid out in the listings for them. There's no additional content, like scans of original art or interviews, that isn't included in the standard edition, which is itself a limited initial run of 5000 copies.

On 11/24/2022 at 9:28 PM, Yale Stewart said:

I've watched reviews of them, and there's just nothing there---in my opinion---to remotely justify the additional $400 price tag. Literally the only difference is the smaller print run, a slightly fancier book mark, and a mildly different cover treatment, all of which are pretty clearly laid out in the listings for them. There's no additional content, like scans of original art or interviews, that isn't included in the standard edition, which is itself a limited initial run of 5000 copies.

Agreed 100%. I really wanted to go with the limited 1,000 print run of the new FF book but in the end couldn’t justify the extra $400 for essentially nothing more than a slipcase and shorter print run. If there had been ANY additional meaningful content, I would have popped for the deluxe.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:28 PM, Yale Stewart said:

Yeah.. I was avidly amassing all the early quality JC reprint stuff in the 70s and 80s, expecting them to stand the test of time value wise.  But I’m looking through them now, and they all get devalued as more and more reprint editions come out.  Perhaps these high quality Taaschen books will turn out differently.  But buy the actual high grade comics instead if you are thinking these are investments of any kind…

It is on at Amazon...$181 and available this and the Frank Frazetta Tashen Big book coming out in March are my most awaited comic and fantasy art book of the year...now lets get some reviews going...waiting for shipping news.

Edited by Mmehdy

FLASH...Amazon has put a black Sat sale price of  only $155.00 on it...if you are on the fence this is your opportunity!!!!!!!

PS :Spidey at only $147 the both of these are best bang for your holiday bucks.

Edited by Mmehdy

On 11/26/2022 at 8:58 PM, Yale Stewart said:

Well, mine is currently in the state, but I imagine it won't get here until Monday, since I doubt UPS will be delivering it on Sunday.

You will get yours before me....please let us know your thoughts on the job Tashen did...thanks

On 11/28/2022 at 7:05 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Amazon currently has the Marvel Comics Library books on sale:

ASM Vol1  $147.99

FF Vol1   $155.15

Avengers Vol1  $152.99

Remember the old saying...you get what you pay for.  Now I pre-ordered early and just received a notice that my copy will not ship until estimated Jan 13,2023...it might be shipped early or later than that date and it was a Amazon direct purchase. Here is a tip on Amazon buying:  check to see who you are actually  buying from. It is located right below the yellow buy button. Here is why....If it sales sold by Amazon it means they have the book in stock at their wherehouse or have it confirmed with a sub-supplier. So the AMSM#1 and Avengers #1 both are sold by Amazon. FF MCL is a whole different animal.  The  first shipment Amazon got of FF MCL was sold out as it was stated on the website and it was priced at $181...after that a second supplier stepped in "superbpookdeals" and if you look at their  reviews one of them says that they ship "late".  Also there is a number of negative reviews 5-10%...so they say very cleverly "usually  ships in 2/3 days" I suspect that might not be realistic especially since they no longer take direct orders on their website. Your $ should be protected as Amazon will probably not pay them until shipment.

Those who got the book from Tashen will have a super Christmas present of a great read.

In the meantime waiting for a board member review!

On 11/30/2022 at 3:59 AM, Forbush-Man said:

I ordered the ASM & FF copies. I've gotten confirmation of both of them shipping and the carrier has the items in their possession.  December 6th-12th delivery window. 

Whoot! :banana:

Outstanding!! let us know what you think about both of them. Dollar for Dollar best comic book buy out there...

Edited by Mmehdy