• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would a printing error like this impact value?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2022 at 5:36 AM, KCOComics said:

If that piece is folded out and you have over hang, I imagine that would turn off many collectors. 

But in our current culture of slabbing every comic, if it was folded in, would anyone even know? Outside of graders notes? 

I thought the same thing regarding slabbing. Truth is, I got from a discount bin for nothing. Except for this, in great shape & only to complete the set (ended up using another one) so it or the set doesn't really command that much. I think I got $25 bucks for the 4 issue story. I did see that someone got $65 bucks for 9.8 slab on Ebay....

856258025_PredatorBigGame2.2.thumb.jpg.789c3ae758e7c87236bf0dd302ce114a.jpg

On 11/4/2022 at 7:39 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is this a niche that anyone collects? If so, then you may get full comparable value from a sale. If not, I certainly would not pay more for such a defect.

That was kind of my thoughts too.... And no, it's not really something I think I would pay for.

On 11/4/2022 at 7:39 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is this a niche that anyone collects? If so, then you may get full comparable value from a sale. If not, I certainly would not pay more for such a defect.

I have never met anyone who pays more for such a defect

The only ones that seem to garner interest (and more money) are double covers and some of the more known colour or printing errors on books (the one FF book, 112 I think where the inks are all off). Other weird manufacturing defects (siamese pages, miscuts, extra staples, missing staples and so on) some find cool but generally don't pay a fortune for them.