• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McFarlane signing
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2022 at 2:54 PM, Randy Kashat said:

Has anyone else experienced a long time for there McFarlane package to show up?  I sent in my package between Oct 3rd and nothing is showing?

You can check that the package is received by using the tracking number in the confirm package delivery on the my submissions page. It is not unusual for it to take quite a while for things to show up in the queue. Particularly if the signing is quite a ways off. It's part of the reason you initial the outside, and they've got until sometime in Dec to have things ready for TM. Mine just showed up the other day, but I shipped with several other signings that are probably sooner.

On 1/3/2023 at 11:05 AM, ThePRyanCollection said:

Does anyone know if the signing has happened? My status shows as "waiting to be graded" .... hence, hopefully that means its been signed

Welcome to the Boards! Yes "a" McFarlane signing happened in December, but he didn't make it through all the books and is coming to finish them up, Lord willing, in January.

Hang in there, it still might be a minute, but they're working on it :cheers: 

Well I got my books back from my first ever submission and signing with CGC TM sig series.  Submitted ASM CGC 9.8 300 and 316 newsstand.  300 came back fine.  316 however returned signed but downgraded to 8.5.  completely robbed and feel conflicted about ever doing this again.  What are my options?  Eat it?

On 1/4/2023 at 4:19 AM, ChachyRoundEye said:

Well I got my books back from my first ever submission and signing with CGC TM sig series.  Submitted ASM CGC 9.8 300 and 316 newsstand.  300 came back fine.  316 however returned signed but downgraded to 8.5.  completely robbed and feel conflicted about ever doing this again.  What are my options?  Eat it?

was the 316 an old label?

On 1/4/2023 at 7:19 AM, ChachyRoundEye said:

I believe you sign away all rights to complain about that when you submit it.  Unfortunately,  it doesn't sound like a rare occurrence.  

On 1/3/2023 at 12:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Welcome to the Boards! Yes "a" McFarlane signing happened in December, but he didn't make it through all the books and is coming to finish them up, Lord willing, in January.

Hang in there, it still might be a minute, but they're working on it :cheers: 

I was told by a CGC rep that he signed books on January 17th. Not sure if there are still unsigned books and a third signing is going to happen, but that's what was relayed to me.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:44 AM, AaronO said:
On 1/4/2023 at 4:19 AM, ChachyRoundEye said:

I believe you sign away all rights to complain about that when you submit it.  Unfortunately,  it doesn't sound like a rare occurrence.  

You can and should absolutely complain publicly and personally to CGC.  And you should hope they improve whatever processes in the future.  But you should not expect to be compensated or have any other service provided that was not agreed upon.  They literally would not be in the CGC SS business if they assumed any of the risk for the grade lowering or the signer causing the grade to be lowered.  

I would also be careful of using the word 'robbed' in print, on the CGC boards, with respect CGC or any other entity, unless you truly believe someone has committed that criminal act against you.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:19 AM, ChachyRoundEye said:

When I do signature series submissions through CGC i almost always pay the $20 for the CCS service.. I dont think i'd use them for normal cleaning or pressing, but if the artist is going to handle the book during the signing theres an increased risk that something dumb happens, i'd rather waste $20 than be stuck with a massive downgrade.