• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop Getting into OA
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Every so often (meaning when I remember every few years) I checkout what original art that MyComicShop has available and it is typically pretty weak. However over the last couple of months it looks like they're now starting to get slightly better consignments through, out of curiosity has anyone bought anything interesting from MCS? Also if you were a consignor what prompted you to go with them over the larger auction houses like Heritage and CLink? 

On 11/8/2022 at 9:41 AM, barneythecantankerous said:

Also if you were a consignor what prompted you to go with them over the larger auction houses like Heritage and CLink? 

The Starman page on mcs is mine, figured I would see if it was worth a shot. I also have some Andy MacDonald published pages there, sold 2 or 3 dirt cheap (under $50). I am regretting it now tbh, it is up there 6 months and I will probably just have it returned when it hits the year. Nice splash page priced at $1000 or so.

MCS use to have tons of great art when few people knew they sold art (Adam Hughes Justice League pages and covers, Tim Sale covers, Will Eisner, Michael Golden and more) but you are right, they have been very weak lately.  

I don't know how consignors are thinking but we do need more venues that auction art.

Malvin