• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to collect DC Showcase 1-104 in 9.0 or better!
7 7

337 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2022 at 4:24 PM, jmg3637 said:

My undercopy of Showcase 8  is in this weeks listings  from Heritage.

It is only  a 6.0  and has restoration

My keeper  is an 8.0  sadly also  restored.

That green cover  was very hard to keep in any grade

Very nice! Thats a big one! one I will get there somehow lol

Update! Another one down boys! Im noticing the bronze age ones from 94 onward are a PAIN to find in 9.8s. I also think 90-93 is a pain in the to find in 9.0 or better but so far its working out! number 34 on the CGC registry already! Also the 76 i showed you guys has been sent off! fingers crossed....

showcase 100.jpg

On 12/17/2022 at 11:48 AM, Chiparus said:

Hi Floridian, I'm also actively working on a Showcase run (7.5 or better) so I guess you are my competition now!!!😉 It's been 3 years so far for me. Check out my collection, it will be good to chat about the quest. 

#6 on the registry for 1-104. Very impressive set 👌

On 12/19/2022 at 3:53 AM, Chiparus said:

I picked up an amazing deal on #37 in 8.0 but it is in a CBCS case - I'm wondering to crack it and send to CGC..... 

Yeah do it. Also can always send in for screening first to see if it would qualify for the same grade, before getting it deslabbed.

On 12/17/2022 at 11:48 AM, Chiparus said:

Hi Floridian, I'm also actively working on a Showcase run (7.5 or better) so I guess you are my competition now!!!😉 It's been 3 years so far for me. Check out my collection, it will be good to chat about the quest. 

Dudeeeee hit me up! Its been a journey so far. And you are by far winning rn lol. Im climbing the census fast but still got ways to go! I could talk about this stuff for hours!

On 12/19/2022 at 11:41 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Hey guys! New update! I got the money for a bigggg showcase, Update soon!

Tell all.......

I threw a bid in on the showcase 62 9.2 at heritage just now but missed out on that one. I never seem to win any auctions there. 

On 12/19/2022 at 10:25 PM, Chiparus said:

Tell all.......

I threw a bid in on the showcase 62 9.2 at heritage just now but missed out on that one. I never seem to win any auctions there. 

Oooo I have been looking for a nice 62, trying for more in the 9.4+ range but who knows. Alot of these get scarce super fast. Im still hype about the 9.6 Anthro I snagged. I look at it almost every day lol

On 11/27/2022 at 10:10 PM, Silver said:

As someone who has collected a complete run of Brave and the Bold (Showcase’s sister magazine) I both applaud your effort and would encourage you to set your sights on the first 30 issues a tad bit lower. I believe you are attempting something that is impossible due to some issues just not existing in your target condition and the 1 or 2 that do not likely to ever be for sale. My Brave and the Bold run is solid (check out the registry, I’m #3 and JLABrad is number 1).

Another run I am closing in on completing is Sugar and Spike (ran the same timeframe as Showcase 1956-1971). I am now at 91 out of 98 issues. I originally set out to do only high grade issues and for the most part have stuck to that but in an effort to complete it have gone for nicely presenting lesser grade copies. Don’t get me wrong, hot damn do I love the look of a high grade rare comic, but I want a complete set. I can always upgrade as they become available. 

I wish you luck on your journey. The best advice you’ve already been given is go for keys early, they can be brutally expensive if you wait. 👏🤞

Silver, Hi, Are you on youtube doing videos with your brother - Future past?, if so they are really good, I enjoy them. 

Edited by Chiparus