• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to collect DC Showcase 1-104 in 9.0 or better!
7 7

337 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2023 at 10:25 AM, Chiparus said:

Some big books coming up in the comic connect auction. That number #1 and #6 look amazing and very tempting. Need to start saving some pennies. 

YEP! You know what I am after tho haha Im currently winning on these 
Comic Link :: The Online Vintage Comic Book and Comic Art Auction and Exchange
Comic Link :: The Online Vintage Comic Book and Comic Art Auction and Exchange

On 11/10/2022 at 7:07 AM, KCOComics said:

I'll give you my opinion... and if you can't trust the opinion of a stranger on the internet,  who can you trust? 

It's going to be really hard to get those issues in high grade. There are few available and allot of demand. So when they pop up,  deep pocketed collectors will be ready. 

That means, for you to compete you have to have the liquidity to spend big bucks relativity quickly. And that's hard for most of us. 

For those early issues,  I would make it a priority to get in the door early with the nicest copies you can. 3.5, 4.0, 2.0

Then you can focus on upgrading as opportunities present themselves.  Sell your copy to help fund the next. 

If you end up with a complete run,  with the big issues being G and the later issues being NM, I think all of us would applaud you. Because that's a huge undertaking. 

I know I would love to own SC1, 4 or 6 in any grade. 

I also am trying to put together the entire showcase run.  I’m over 60 issues deep now.  None of those being 1, 4 or 6.  Though I do have 3, 13 and 22.   9.0 and above is impossible at this time.  Even if one had millions to spend.  The problem is, those with high grade books like these, probably have millions of their own and they just don’t care.  Me personally, I don’t want complete rags, but I’ll take any low grade decent copy of 4, and pretty much VG copies of the keys and early tough issues I don’t have.  Everything else, VFs.  But I commend you for taking this on and best of luck to you!

On 1/19/2023 at 4:21 PM, FloridianDemon said:

YES! Pisses me off to no end

Yep, not surprised and it’s unfortunate they get 100% feedback. I can’t even imagine how many times there’s been bad situations people don’t know about like yours, but can’t find out because once returned feedback isn’t allowed. They are the shady of shady, and just happy you managed to avoid getting screwed over 🙏

On 1/19/2023 at 4:26 PM, Chiparus said:

The CL auction ends soon, so I hope you get to add a few more to the collection. 

Nothing for me in that one. 

It’s tough with the focused auctions, I mean if you’re looking for higher grade keys or high grade silver. Those usually show up more in Clink’s featured of course.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:26 PM, Chiparus said:

The CL auction ends soon, so I hope you get to add a few more to the collection. 

Nothing for me in that one. 

They ones i am aiming for are creeping out of my budget lol. My video game comic collection had some INSANE additions so my wallet took a hit lol