• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All things Russ Heath
4 4

211 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2023 at 12:53 AM, Telegan said:

My response is probably best put in the "Tracking down the Original Owner" thread, but since you asked... it looks like she was.  The two ended up being married.  They had a son who was born about a year after these issues went on sale, and he just passed away last year.  Another son passed away when he was only 12 back in 1967.
The two were married July 7, 1950.
Looks like Mary passed away April 4, 2009 and Lawrence passed away May 10, 2007.

Thanks for sharing that great story! How did you research all that?!?

On 1/30/2023 at 6:55 PM, BOOT said:

Thanks for sharing that great story! How did you research all that?!?

Believe me, it doesn't take much effort. lol.  I've often wondered more about the kid that signed their name on these comics more than the actual comic itself sometimes, which leads me to "wonder whatever happened to them?"  I'm always happy to find a story when I can.  Anyhoo, just to answer your question, I'm retired, bored, love comic book covers, started to focus on GA covers, and have a lot of time on my hands. LOL.  I have no super-secret source - just googling for information sometimes combined with something like ancestry.com.  Of course my subscription to ancestry.com expired, otherwise, I probably could've found more info or this info a lot faster.  But like I said, I don't do anything or have access to anything others don't or can't get. :)

On 2/25/2023 at 1:04 PM, buttock said:
On 2/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, adamstrange said:

My least favorite Heath face.

He admitted that he wasn't comfortable drawing faces.

Maybe so.  But then we have a face like on Battleground 13, which to me is a masterpiece.