• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Poster Collector Thread
12 12

301 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2023 at 8:02 AM, Gonzimodo said:

Crisis on Infinite Earths by George Perez.  This one is pretty big.  It's mounted on foam board and stretches across the top of one of my comic shelves.

Crisis.jpg

So many iconic images you posted! I has this one sealed and sold it for a pretty penny. Got it at a flea market

On 1/31/2023 at 11:06 AM, Gonzimodo said:

Cheating a little here.  This is a puzzle I got from Big Lots back in the 80s for a whole quarter.

Puzzle.jpg

This is a blast from the past. I completely forgot about this until you posted this photo and the memories came pouring back. I specifically remember the schoolbus-colored background and the Hulk scratching his head while looking like a total dumb-dumb. Thank you for posting this.

Edited by Dave2739
Accidentally used a bad word.

On 1/31/2023 at 4:15 PM, Badlands said:

Now this...this is Awesome! Who did the art?

I don't know who did the art, but one thing I really love about it is that it comes with a character key on the back of the box.

My box was pretty rough, so I ended up cutting out the key.

I was looking to replace this awhile back since Clea's belly has a big hole in it due to a damaged piece (?), and they have a few on eBay, but I'm just too cheap to pull the trigger on one.

Marvel.jpg

On 1/31/2023 at 5:01 PM, Gonzimodo said:

I don't know who did the art, but one thing I really love about it is that it comes with a character key on the back of the box.

My box was pretty rough, so I ended up cutting out the key.

I was looking to replace this awhile back since Clea's belly has a big hole in it due to a damaged piece (?), and they have a few on eBay, but I'm just too cheap to pull the trigger on one.

Marvel.jpg

I don't think you're too cheap; I looked them up myself and they are pricey!

Any chance cgc will grade art posters either by comic artists or movie posters? It would be cool if I could get some signed and slabbed but it looks like there's only a concert poster option available.

On 3/23/2023 at 4:10 PM, Ann BW said:

Any chance cgc will grade art posters either by comic artists or movie posters? It would be cool if I could get some signed and slabbed but it looks like there's only a concert poster option available.

You should definitely Google or search cgcs home page, as I know they grade older concert posters, but to what extent idk. Whether modern or new? Or how they classify what to slab, short answer is yes though. :cheers:

On 2/19/2023 at 9:47 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

1977 Hulk Poster based on Dave Cockrum's cover for Hulk #206.

1977-Hulk-Poster.jpg

I've never seen the Hulk from this series!! I believe I still have the Superman and Batman posters somewhere from the same series, and I've seen Thor and Cap, but never the Hulk.