• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics on Sale the Month You Were Born
1 1

19 posts in this topic

A couple years ago I looked thru my collection to see if I owned any comics that were on sale the month I was born (it's a geezer thing).  Some collectors like to pick up books with their birth month on the cover, but those actually were on the stands 2 months before the collector was born.  With the help of the Newstand at Mike's Amazing World of Comics (http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/newsstand.php) I could see all the issues for sale in my birth month.  I found a few, and decided to start adding more.  In the case of bi-monthly comics you will need to also search the month previous to your birth.  Here's a few I found in my collection, and some recent additions.  Add any of yours if you want.

16365413820_6ba1905503_c.jpg

46139191774_8f9d3ec774_c.jpg

16388703337_b0365a1894_c.jpg

15923514504_13bff31e46_c.jpg

51227575391_a5b3a94840_c.jpg

49347821318_95894d1869_c.jpg

52498454736_8f3f02f174_c.jpg

52498971225_7ec5595304_c.jpg

16556711425_18d486bcc7_c.jpg

46599651494_2efe105dcb_c.jpg

On 11/16/2022 at 8:07 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

You were born in 1939?  :whatthe:

Lol, no I thought your thread was month, not year. I am the son of my father, who was born in 1941.  Actually that is my question, is it Month AND Year?  Which could be phrased as "Comics published when you where born"  to which I would have to answer, I own none.  So this was more interesting because I could post something.

Edited by path4play

On 11/16/2022 at 6:09 PM, path4play said:

Lol, no I thought your thread was month, not year. I am the son of my father, who was born in 1941.

Oh, OK...No, the thread is for GA books (or early SA) that were on sale the month you were born.  I know, that eliminates a lot of boardies...lol

On 11/16/2022 at 8:11 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Oh, OK...No, the thread is for GA books (or early SA) that were on sale the month you were born.  I know, that eliminates a lot of boardies...lol

Yea, I can't focus long enough to read beyond three panels.  After that, I just look at the pictures.  I missed your details beyond the headline. My bad.  I should look for a book year and month like Monkees #4, Bewitched #11, or Go-Go #8.  Back in the day Ghost Rider still didn't own a hog.  Its actually got me searching.

Edited by path4play

On 11/16/2022 at 8:29 PM, Uff Da said:

Really? The title literally says "Comics on sale the month you were born" lol

I'll sell you an Action Comics published on the 'Month' you were born.  What year are you picking?  I was born on a month of which there are 12.  Year is a different animal.  But whatever.  Post yours.

Edited by path4play

On 11/16/2022 at 8:32 PM, Uff Da said:

I pick the year I was born :acclaim:

Well then you are not the smart guy - that year is of lesser value.  Should have went with month you were born, but earliest year of the published book.   But I'm the village comic insufficiently_thoughtful_person. You win.

Edited by path4play

On 11/16/2022 at 6:20 PM, path4play said:

Yea, I can't focus long enough to read beyond three panels.  After that, I just look at the pictures.  I missed your details beyond the headline. My bad.  I should look for a book year and month like Monkees #4, Bewitched #11, or Go-Go #8.  Back in the day Ghost Rider still didn't own a hog.  Its actually got me searching.

Use that link to Mike's website.  But, check the date the comic came out (click on comic), because if it hit the stands after your birthdate it doesn't count...Heh, heh...(more rules...:rulez:)

On 11/16/2022 at 5:09 PM, path4play said:

Lol, no I thought your thread was month, not year. I am the son of my father, who was born in 1941.  Actually that is my question, is it Month AND Year?  Which could be phrased as "Comics published when you where born"  to which I would have to answer, I own none.  So this was more interesting because I could post something.

Thank goodness. :whee:

Edited by MusterMark

On 11/17/2022 at 10:22 AM, Robot Man said:

I just wish my parents had the idea to buy one of each comic on the stands the month I was born and put them away for me.

I did that for my nephew as well as buying him a set of baseball cards and a newspaper for the day he was born. 

And did he appreciate it?  hm