• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NorthEast ComicCon & Collectibles Extravaganza - Nov. 25-27, 2022

8 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2022 at 4:41 PM, Kevin76 said:

Not much there in terms of comics 

The promotor schedules the show over a holiday weekend cause the venue is cheaper then, he always has an after party which is why he puts on the show, so he can party

No it's not worth going to.   

Thank you for saving me a trip! (worship)

I went to one of his first shows and picked up a Mary Marvel #1, a Batman #44 and almost, ALMOST bought an Amazing Fantasy #15-- so there were a handful of good comics in the room.  There were also sideshow performers, a LOT of vintage toys and tons of voice actors.   That was probably eight or nine years ago-- so no idea if there are any exhibitors worth going for.   Atomic Dimestore was the guy I bought the two golden age comics from, the AF #15 was a guy who had mostly toys which is what kept me from buying it.

Well, here's my two cents. I'm not a huge fan of the promoter and for me his shows are very hit or miss. I've been to multiple and many times I've walked out nearly empty-handed or even with nothing at all. It really depends on who sets up. But, I'm going to go since there's a few mitigating factors this time around.

A dealer friend who sets up said the last few have been pretty decent with a fair amount of comic dealers and that the last one had more in the room than FanExpo, (which he admitted was a low bar). 

Linda Miller, (King Kong Escapes, The Green Slime) is going to be there. As a kaiju fan I think I'd kick myself if I skipped going, and it would be nice to get her autograph alongside Akira Takarada's who my son and I met there a few years back.

Perhaps the most important thing is we're visiting my brother-in-law Saturday, and he lives 10 minutes down the road from the hotel so it would be silly not to check it out.

On 11/24/2022 at 9:39 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

Well, here's my two cents. I'm not a huge fan of the promoter and for me his shows are very hit or miss. I've been to multiple and many times I've walked out nearly empty-handed or even with nothing at all. It really depends on who sets up. But, I'm going to go since there's a few mitigating factors this time around.

A dealer friend who sets up said the last few have been pretty decent with a fair amount of comic dealers and that the last one had more in the room than FanExpo, (which he admitted was a low bar). 

Linda Miller, (King Kong Escapes, The Green Slime) is going to be there. As a kaiju fan I think I'd kick myself if I skipped going, and it would be nice to get her autograph alongside Akira Takarada's who my son and I met there a few years back.

Perhaps the most important thing is we're visiting my brother-in-law Saturday, and he lives 10 minutes down the road from the hotel so it would be silly not to check it out.

Interested to hear how it was if you went. 

On 12/3/2022 at 2:40 PM, universal soldier said:

Interested to hear how it was if you went. 

27 days later...

I did go, but was pressed for time so I may not be the most qualified judge. I only had about an hour to spare including 10 minutes of travel each way. I found Linda Miller, got the photo signed and a picture taken. Thankfully, she brought a picture up, I was in such a rush it may not have occurred to me. I was not in much of a buying mood but what I saw wasn't exactly conducive to spending money. One fellow had a nice setup of vintage toys, including a lot of Japanese stuff but nothing in my son's wheelhouse. The comics tables were mostly meh, crazy prices and mediocre condition. If I felt like fishing I might've come up with something but it would have been work. There were plenty of tchotchke sellers. After I made a pass through the room I chatted with a friend of mine who'd set up for a bit and hit the road.

So I guess my take is that unless I was in the neighborhood I'd probably pass. Tickets were a bit steep for what you get, too.

On 12/30/2022 at 4:31 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

27 days later...

lol

On 12/30/2022 at 4:31 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

27 days later...

I did go, but was pressed for time so I may not be the most qualified judge. I only had about an hour to spare including 10 minutes of travel each way. I found Linda Miller, got the photo signed and a picture taken. Thankfully, she brought a picture up, I was in such a rush it may not have occurred to me. I was not in much of a buying mood but what I saw wasn't exactly conducive to spending money. One fellow had a nice setup of vintage toys, including a lot of Japanese stuff but nothing in my son's wheelhouse. The comics tables were mostly meh, crazy prices and mediocre condition. If I felt like fishing I might've come up with something but it would have been work. There were plenty of tchotchke sellers. After I made a pass through the room I chatted with a friend of mine who'd set up for a bit and hit the road.

So I guess my take is that unless I was in the neighborhood I'd probably pass. Tickets were a bit steep for what you get, too.

Thanks, doesn't sound like a worthwhile trip so I'll save up the coffers for the spring/summer cons.