• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request non magazine case?
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Just received my crossover economy Batman #16 (that was at CGC for 13 months) and it was slabbed in the clunky, bigger magazine slab. I feel it could have fit in a regular case.... Can I send this for a reholder and request it to be slabbed in the normal case? 

20221115_163717.jpg

Edited by Barth

On 11/15/2022 at 4:02 PM, Uff Da said:

I wouldn't think so, as they only do this when necessary (to not damage the book) 2c

This. They generally only kick up to the magazine slab on GA (or otherwise wide) books that also have some cover overhang or -- like this one -- spine roll. Yes, this book would probably squeeze into a standard slab. But that increases the risk of catching the corners in the encapsulation process, which has (sadly obviously) been a problem. Reducing the potential for damage on books like this in exchange for awkward slab sizing has clearly been a recent command decision, and I can't really imagine them reversing course on request.

This feels like a very specific question for CGC customer service.  THey have email and phone listed on website.