• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink results
2 2

90 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2022 at 7:02 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

$6.8K for the McHulk page isn't really a good result considering its from Hulk 340

Disagree. There have been plenty of pages from that issue with no Wolverine which sold for standard McHulk pricing.

On 12/8/2022 at 8:23 AM, g-man said:

$36K for the Lim Thanos piece seemed pretty strong

$20K for the Tim Sale LH page with lots of bids....nice page command the big sweet $. 

$53K for the McFarlane Spidey page is nice...not my fave page but has spidey in all 3 panels. 

$34K for the Bagley Venom splash....is that good? 

Other results did not really stand out for me. Campbell pieces went around $6K. No idea if that is good but seems kinda low? 

All of the Thanos Quest & Infinity Gauntlet pages looked strong to me.  IG #6 pg 12 sold for $3,000 in the Sept 2020 CL auction and $6,655 yesterday.  The Thanos Quest pages selling at the same level as comparable IG pages doesn’t make much sense to me.

The Campbell covers were definitely weak compared to the prices they’ve been selling for in recent auctions, but that’s inevitable when you put a handful in every auction for a year.

On 12/8/2022 at 8:23 AM, g-man said:

$36K for the Lim Thanos piece seemed pretty strong

$20K for the Tim Sale LH page with lots of bids....nice page command the big sweet $. 

$53K for the McFarlane Spidey page is nice...not my fave page but has spidey in all 3 panels. 

Other results did not really stand out for me. Campbell pieces went around $6K. No idea if that is good but seems kinda low? 

I thought the Campbell Spiderman covers were a steal. In fact I won the blackcat/spidey cover and I'm over the moon. I'd be shocked if they didn't sell for at least twice as much originally. I've wanted a Campbell Spidey cover for years and really didn't think I'd ever get one. Especially for less than five figures.

On 12/8/2022 at 5:23 AM, g-man said:

Yes that was a nice price. There was a splash that went for $40,000 at HA. But Bagley ASM is definitely on the rise. I've no doubt Bagley ASM pages, especially the early ones beautifully inked by Randy Emberlin will continue to rise in value.

Having Venom on that  page helped a lot!!!!

Good auction for C-Link.
Incredible Hulk 102 splash by Marie Severin sold for $42,000.

I love this John Buscema page from classic Epic 1 story. Even think the coloring looks nice. But it was added on after comic was published. There was another comment on a thread that talked about ink added to a published page after the fact.

E6BD2199-DCF6-4D99-846B-A7BD78AFE150.jpeg.87ab0e6394b8c1ffeb803d8908d78506.jpeg

I'm not a fan of that at all even when it comes out nice like this.

Also seemed like Silvestri X-Men sold well.

And wow this one by Frank Miller went for a very nice price at $43,331.

8C1D466C-32EA-4C02-8B59-27A721EB9B3C.jpeg.7d14ffb199a7b7b5fa884b4197ef794b.jpeg

Edited by grapeape

Interesting comparison.

A bound volume of Star Spangled Comics (#7-9 and 11-15) with a sketch by Jack Kirby went for $6000 on Heritage November 18, 2022.
https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jack-kirby-remarqued-sketch-original-art-in-bound-volume-of-star-spangled-comics-7-9-and-11-15-dc-1942-/a/7283-94074.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

A bound volume of Star Spangled Comics (#16-27) also with a sketch by Jack Kirby went for $7100 on ComicLink December 7, 2022.
https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions_first.asp&id=1628230

Granted the main selling point were the Kirby drawings and IMO the ComicLink version was better.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:29 PM, wolvergeek said:

I thought this was one of the best Comiclink auctions in a long time. Plenty of high value lots. Very little went for sub $1500 where us little fish swim.

I won two sub-$1500 lots. :fear: 

On 12/8/2022 at 8:04 PM, artdisease said:

I thought the Campbell Spiderman covers were a steal. In fact I won the blackcat/spidey cover and I'm over the moon. I'd be shocked if they didn't sell for at least twice as much originally. I've wanted a Campbell Spidey cover for years and really didn't think I'd ever get one. Especially for less than five figures.

Campbell overload. Should be running out soon as Max Anderson’s collection is almost all sold.

On 12/10/2022 at 9:47 AM, G.A.tor said:

But won’t have the same seats available 

Heh, next bus is heritage, but this one is DC focussed, so less or no Surfer pages. 

Comicconnect is next and I some Surfer pages there, including a Ribic cover so good luck. 

Malvin