• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick picks: Terry McGinnis or Miles Morales ???

Batman Beyond 1 or Ultimate Fallout 4   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Batman Beyond 1 or Ultimate Fallout 4

• Batman Beyond
    • Ultimate Fallout

30 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2022 at 8:10 PM, the authority said:

Haha. I may buy a set. Don’t know how good the miniseries was but it’s hard to go wrong on a Spidey book. Especially with two of them. 

I don’t think you’re wrong to hold onto issue #1. People/collectors definitely don’t seem to care for cameos…until they sometimes do. I can’t keep up. 

First time meetings is a thing I see lasting into eternity like first covers, etc.. Glad to know about both of these issues. 👍

Right? I think what happened the Preview I speak of was a 1st cameo (although preview) of Captain Marvel, but because of the cover I somehow attributed it also to Miles, which is probably just :ohnoez: convoluted in itself :roflmao:

As I think Miles already had some appearances before the preview, yet cover, cameo captain marvel preview and etc doh! 

On 11/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, Pittsburgh said:

For Spider-Men, issue #1 is a "sighting" of each other and issue #2 is the fight/meeting.  If you can get a nice price on the 2nd print, I recommend it.  

Unfortunately, #1 will continue to get identified incorrectly.

darkstar:  Thank you for posting that as it provides clarity of issue #1

All of you leave out the cover as well which is really what will matter going forward.

On 11/22/2022 at 5:45 PM, Pittsburgh said:

For Spider-Men, issue #1 is a "sighting" of each other and issue #2 is the fight/meeting.  If you can get a nice price on the 2nd print, I recommend it.  

Unfortunately, #1 will continue to get identified incorrectly.

darkstar:  Thank you for posting that as it provides clarity of issue #1

Why 2nd print?  I would think the newsstand version would be the book to own if it takes off.

On 11/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why 2nd print?  I would think the newsstand version would be the book to own if it takes off.

Absolutely!  If you can find one.  I have a newsstand edition of Spider-Men #1 but I've never (not saying they don't exist) seen one of #2 (truly wish I could find one).  The 2nd print is easier to obtain and so affordable right now.  I also like the fact that they are masked up on the 2nd print instead of mask-less.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:21 PM, fastballspecial said:

All of you leave out the cover as well which is really what will matter going forward.

Issue #2 1:100 ratio variant cover clearly shows that this is the issue in which they will reveal their identities to each other as they are unmasking each other.  Is issue #1 the first joint cover regardless of meeting or not?   Absolutely.  However, we come to realize that in the story (which is what old school collectors thinks makes a comic a 'key'), they have not yet met. #2 can (and already is in my opinion), be a 'key' issue moving forward and the 1:100 ratio variant has the potential to be a grail cover for spider-related characters (grail being used as future instead of right now).

My collection is covered either way for #1 and #2.  I would prefer if the correct issue (#2) was accurately identified as first meeting/unmasking.