• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspense Comics 3 on Heritage Signature Auction might have a married cover that isn't disclosed?
8 8

55 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2022 at 12:26 AM, BitterOldMan said:

PS Artbooks is producing a facsimile edition of Suspense 3 coming out late next April.  I visit my LCS at least once a week to heard the latest comic news.

1F4F7B4E-E0FA-41A6-8367-B1329CBCCDF1.thumb.webp.4ba015c47df541aa06cb5716141033c4.webp

I have some of their Phantom Lady copies and a complete set of original Phantom Lady comics.  The copies are on slicker paper and an obvious copy.

I saw these in last month's previews and ended up preordering the Suspense 10.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:16 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 12/7/2022 at 8:08 AM, comicjack said:

One questions the change in paper quality from light tan ow to just off white :shiftyeyes:

I know. I found that troubling too

The lighting in the CGC grading room was recently switched out to new ones with a slightly stronger wattage.   :gossip:  lol

On 1/18/2023 at 10:32 AM, lou_fine said:

The lighting in the CGC grading room was recently switched out to new ones with a slightly stronger wattage.   :gossip:  lol

You know I actually thought that. Maybe they switched to LED lights. I switched out all the bulbs in the house to LED a few months back a boy are they brighter , but in a comfortable on the eyes way. 

On 1/18/2023 at 2:12 PM, Professor K said:

You know I actually thought that. Maybe they switched to LED lights. I switched out all the bulbs in the house to LED a few months back a boy are they brighter , but in a comfortable on the eyes way. 

I talked about the importance of lighting with Steve Borock more than 15 years ago.  Human perception of color is based on the inherent properties of the object and the color temperature of the light source.  A change in lighting can easily result in a change of color documented by CGC.

Color of Light.jpg

On 1/18/2023 at 3:45 PM, adamstrange said:

I talked about the importance of lighting with Steve Borock more than 15 years ago.  Human perception of color is based on the inherent properties of the object and the color temperature of the light source.  A change in lighting can easily result in a change of color documented by CGC.

Color of Light.jpg

Yes. I'm sitting in a 16X22 ft room right now that's bright as heck. Lighted by one 100 watt LED soft white light bulb with a cover on the ceiling. Everything has a white clear look. Before I had a 75W regular incandescent bulb. Everything had a yellow/brown look and it was too dark. The LED daybulbs as opposed to the soft white are even brighter and give a more natural light. I know this isn't big news to a lot of people, my point is yes lighting makes a huge difference. Also seems like the increase or lets say decrease in Cream books started about 10 or so years ago, right around the time LED bulbs began getting big. I mean it is possible this was a factor. (thumbsu

On 1/18/2023 at 2:45 PM, adamstrange said:

Color of Light.jpg

So, does that mean collectors should include 6000k LED bulb in their next shipment to CGC or would a 6K check shine even more light on it? hm