• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is this worth? Amazing Spiderman 365 - signed by Stan Lee [updated/corrected]
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

New member / 1st post here.  I used to collect comics as a kid and remembered I have this one signed by Stan Lee.  I won the signature as a door prize at a comic convention close to 30 years ago.  I don't have a certificate of authenticity for it unfortunately - but curious how much it is worth.  Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

image.png.6f401eb9d087723770cddd8fb8aa0c1e.pngHow 

On 11/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, droeun said:

Hi All,

New member / 1st post here.  I used to collect comics as a kid and remembered I have this one signed by Stan Lee.  I won the signature as a door prize at a comic convention close to 30 years ago.  I don't have a certificate of authenticity for it unfortunately - but curious how much it is worth.  Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

image.png.6f401eb9d087723770cddd8fb8aa0c1e.pngHow 

Welcome to the boards.

A CGC witnessed Stan Lee sig copy of this book would be worth about $600 in 9.6 and about $400 in 9.4 and about $200 in 9.2.  Unfortunately to get the CGC signature series a CGC rep has to witness the signature.   There are other grading companies that use a sig expert to identify sigs and you might want to consider that but their graded books tend to sell for less.

You might also want to start a thread in the CGC grading forum to get a better idea of the grade.  If you do please take the book out of the bag and board, take good pics of the front and back covers and note any hidden defects like rips to the inside etc.

Recommend taking a look on Ebay for last few raw Stan Lee signature books. Downside, it's a pretty commonly forged autograph. This one does look good but without a COA of some kind, there's always a bit of doubt. ASM 365 is a nice book and if in mint condition, that will help.