• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #1 CGC 9.9 Pure Silver Foil
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Greetings Forumites:

You usually will find me over in Copper/Modern but figured this book should be listed here. 

This is an Action Comics #1 (2018) CGC 9.9 Silver Foil.

It is a New Zealand Mint replica image of the 1938 Action Comics #1 cover.  35g .999 Fine Silver.  New Zealand Mint have done a few comic covers but I believe this is the first one they did.  CGC grades these like comics and they look really cool in a slab.  Makes a great display!  

I am listing it for $260  $250 shipped.   This is about $100 less than the lowest price on the Bay.  The reason I'm selling it at that price is that there is some scratching/scuffing(?) on the inside of the front slab.  It doesn't affect the book and you can't see it except when you hold it a certain way, but it is there. I received the book yesterday from CGC and rather than sending it back to CGC, which I may still do if it doesn't sell, I thought I would let it go at a discount.  

PayPal works for me and a return is not a problem up to 14 days after you receive the slab.  I'm easy to work with.  

Here is my feedback:

Edited by CDaBruce

On 11/16/2022 at 7:06 PM, T'Challa said:

Cool book!  Just received both my books back from CGC with significant scratches.  Terrible they do that.  Good luck with the sale!!  Very tempting 

Thanks.  Yes, Quality Control seems to miss things too much these days.  

On 11/16/2022 at 7:51 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

wondering the same....

Great question.  I thought maybe all of the Silver Foils were given a conserved grade but I just checked Ebay and none of them have it.

So, I have no idea.  It was taken out of its original box and submitted directly to CGC at Wonder-Con.  A label mistake, maybe.  Ugh.

For what its worth, I like the look of the conserved grade slab; it matches the silver.  (shrug)

Edited by CDaBruce

On 11/16/2022 at 11:05 PM, CDaBruce said:

Great question.  I thought maybe all of the Silver Foils were given a conserved grade but I just checked Ebay and none of them have it.

So, I have no idea.  It was taken out of its original box and submitted directly to CGC at Wonder-Con.  A slab mistake, maybe.  Ugh.

For what its worth, I like the look of the conserved grade slab; it matches the silver.  (shrug)

Sounds like another CGC QC Inspector issue.